GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 02:54:47 EDT
Elhajj Mustafa,
Thanks for the note.
Again I have been telling people that Jammeh's government is criminal and
rotten to the core.  Remember I warned you earlier that Jammeh has joined
the international mafiosi since August 1995.   I have seen at the State
House how Jammeh with the assistance of one French vagabond Jean-Francois
Guillet, counterfeited US (100 Dollar) bills.  This syndicate is run from
Europe by an Iranian ( probably a relative of the former Shah Palavi)and
they are very technically sophisticated to duplicate any currency up to 99%
accuracy- with the exemption of the British Pounds Sterling and the current
US Dollar bills.  Trust me very soon that Dalasi shall worth nothing more
than toilet paper.
Now let me highlight a little bit about Jammeh's bragging about the $35M
from Taiwan and his perceived infrastructural developments since July 1994.
Early 1995, the Gambian economy which was apparently steady before the
"coup" began to sink piecemeal.  This situation was further aggravated by
the semi-official sanctions of the donors and Jammeh's repeated hostility
towards the private sector.  This period was a very critical moment not only
to the Gambian economy but for the AFPRC and Jammeh himself.  Jammeh was
faced with the constant nightmare of unfulfilling his promises of economic
development and an ideologically bankcrupt government that has nothing to
offer but politically sensational confiscation of ex-PPP member's
properties, and brutalizing his imaginary "enemies" of the "revolution".  It
took me almost two months to convince Jammeh that we should approach the
Taiwanese in order to secure some funds quid pro quo their diplomatic
recognition.  Jammeh foolishly stuck to the issue that the People's Republic
of China was the first to recognize his government therefore he is obliged
to return some kind of "loyalty".  I had to create a diplomatic reason to
travel to Beijing with a long list that I know the Communists will never
help provide for the Gambia, to further proove to Jammeh that his socalled
"friends' are not interested in Gambia's socio-economic development.  It was
only then that Jammeh reluctantly agreed for me to proceed to Taipei.
My experience at Taipei was very frustrating due to Jammeh's greed and
ignorance.  I could have negotiated for more than $35M if Jammeh did not
insist on receiving $5 Million in cash before I can reach any agreement.  I
was shocked and felt very embarrased, so were the Taiwanese.  The Taiwanese
Foreign Minister Dr. Federick Chieng-FU even expressed his disappointment to
me by explaining that he himself has never seen that amount of money in cash
his entire life!  The Taiwanese Government had to fish for the cash from 3
to 4 different banks to satisfy Jammeh's weird "diplomacy".  I received the
cash from the Taiwanese authorities, flew China Airlines to Frankfurt
Germany, Brussels then finally arrived in Banjul.  I later proceeded to
State House and delivered the $5 million cash to Yaya Jammeh.  This was the
genesis of the Swiss accounts (Credit Lyonnais) saga, and Jammeh's
complicity with Pierre Goudiaby to syphon the $35M loan from Taiwan,
deposited at the Citibank New York, through his dubious elephant "projects",
a secret program to rob the Gambian people and finance their sinister Jola
ethnocentric agenda in Cassamance.

Greetings
Ebou Jallow