GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 01:58:35 -0400
TRIBUTE TO THE LIVING MEMORY OF MY BELOVED FATHER ON HIS 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY “September 2ND 1997”

Father, Grand Father, Second World War Veteran.

I pay homage to my ever-loving and beloved father Abdou Sega Conteh aka Baba Conteh

It has been 10 memorable years since you’ve been gone but your memory still lingers

A day hasn’t gone by without reminiscing on our early evening conversations we used to have whilst enjoying our daily dose of “Ataya”; your rocking chair misses you.

You led and lived a quite life until the day you answered to the calling of Allah the Almighty.

I dream and long and yawn for the day we reunite

Baba until we meet again I leave you with this heartfelt gratitude

You taught me how to be a real human being

You taught me how to be tenacious

You taught me how to be a gentleman and for that I am grateful

Good Morning.

From you I learned how to love and respect mankind

From you I learned how to be passionate

From you I learned how to be forgiving

From you I learned how to be generous

From you I learned how to be loving and caring

From you I learned how to cherish and value family and friends

Baba Conteh, you are one heck of a human being

Good Afternoon.

Baba, you taught me how to be convicted and relentless in the pursuit of happiness and better living for my family

You taught me how to care for, love and nurture my family

Your fruitful smile still lights up the whole room

I pray to Allah the Almighty daily to give me the strength and the will to live my life just like the way you’ve lived yours, so honorably, so dignified, so rewarding and so humbly.

Baba, you are an inspiration to all that you’ve crossed path with in your 105 years of blessed life. “WOW”

Baba, your children are for sure reaping the benefits of your good deeds.

You once told me no matter how dire the situation is to never give up your principles nor loose your respect for that’s all you have, at the time you made the comment it sounded complex and complicated but as I continue to perfect my life, with time your comment has simplified itself, you could never have been so right hindsight.

Good Evening.

Baba Conteh until we meet again, keep hope and faith alive.

Have a good night sleep with beautiful dreams.

Believer- Acknowledged-Beloved-Appreciated=BABA

Ousman Conteh -Chicago, Illinois