GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:06:13 +0100
*BREAKING NEWS: Lawyer Mai Fatty Fights For His Life; Jammeh *

*Gov't. Suspected** *

*By Ebrima G. Sankareh *

Unimpeachable sources from The Gambian judiciary say that Gambian layer and
former student unionist, Mai Fatty is at a Dakar hospital following a very
mysterious accident that has left him with broken bones all over. Our
informer who would not specify where and when "*suspected foul play occurred
*" said the Gambia Bar Association flew Fatty to Dakar because Banjul could
not just handle his traumatic situation. Until we speak to our colleagues at
the local hospital who have promised to provide us with details of Mai's
near fatal mysterious accident, we will leave it at that lest we
misrepresent the facts. For now though, what we can say with absolute
certainty is that Mai Fatty is fighting for his life in a local Senegalese
hospital following what judicial sources call "suspected foul play by
president Jammeh's government."

            Fatty was the personal lawyer to Baba Jobe and among the
co-counsels to veteran Gambian human rights lawyer and dean of the bar Hon.
Justice Ousman Sillah who was also, flown to Dakar after a bloody encounter
with Yahya Jammeh's assassins on December, 26th. 2004. To day, Sillah lives
in the United States with a tale of a missing kidney after a hail of bullets
were fired at him. It can be recalled that Baba Jobe, once the closest
lieutenant to President Yahya Jammeh had apparently ran afoul of the
dictator and was disgracefully stripped off his immunities as Majority
Leader of Gambia's Parliament.He was then dragged before a kangaroo tribunal
in 2004.The once powerful politician has since been convicted on a barrage
of felony charges and is serving a nine-year jail term.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい