GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:20:03 +0000
Kebbeh
May be you are focusing too much on enjoying your Hamburger to caring
what is going on in the Gambia. Some of us who actually take care of
electricity bills, bags of rice, cooking oil, school fees and the
likes knows, eating meat is more than a luxury to the average Gambian.
The last time I went to Tanje beach to buy fish 3 years ago, I was
shock at the prices. Yet it is mainly the puffed up rich who drive to
the fishing boat buying the good ones. No wonder, the protein in
Chaarlo that, our poor upcountry people use to enjoy is dry up.
talking about the elections, if the system is a complete joke, who
cares what anyone have to say?
In a dictatorship, the price is the Presidency, hence, I don't give a
damn about the parliamentray elections or who has anything to say
about it. I want a 100% APRC MPs in there, so that, the joke for what
the electoral system is can be cemented for loppy Gambians like you.
A single egg in the Gambia cost close to D10, one onion is D5, a bag
of rice, the lowest quality is D800, meat on bone, let me say, only
bones a kilo is nearly D100.
When people are talking about a Dollar a day, it means living on
nothing because $1 equals D27 which just the fare to Serrekunda
market, not even for the food. Or by the way, the french bread in
Coventry cost 70 pence, and also by the way, you get that free plus a
whole weeks food from the state, if you earn zero, plus house rent,
electricity bill, medical bill and etc. Don't even go there.
Get intouch more with your folks and stop self delusion, the Gambia is
not a joke or a comedic issue, it is about live and death for many
people.
Suntou