GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:54:56 GMT
Sorry about Simon Talibo folks. I don't know too much about him, except that
him and Apai Jatta (short Taxi cab driver and Kukoi's Public Works Dept
minister designate,) were good buddies. Before the abortive coup in '81,
their favorite hangout was right where Kukoi lived in Sicap (near the swamps
in Tallinding.) I'll still recognize him if I should see him, but there's
not much about the guy. Unlike any of Kukoi's "boys," Simon doesn't stand
out in any way. From his looks, and behavior, (a dour, colorless, and rather
shadowy character,) it seems he'd be merely contented with living in some
obscure village. On, the other hand, he's the type that any fairly
intelligent person could manipulate and turn into a monster. A semi-literate
named Kukoi Samba Sanyang did just that (to several half-wits like Simon.)
"Go figure!" like they say around here. This is my opinion based on what I
remember of this Koto. Sorry, it isn't much.

Saul.