GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:34:00 -0000
Saiks, thanks for your posting.  You see, what happened in Nigeria is not
unique to Nigerians alone, but could potentially happen to our very own tiny
cord (Gambia).  We've exhausted the ethnicity card and have seen the
potential in the religious card.  Before you know it, there is fire every
where.  Among the benefits of being led by the Village Idiot, is that the
hidden side of zealots and bigots will surely surface.  These religious
leaders did not just acquire this aspiration, rather, it is something that
they have been sitting on, waiting for the right opportunity.  The Village
Idiot is that opportunity.  Just like the student massacre, they start with
rhetoric and then culminate with the execution.  We heard the calls.  What
side of the fence are we on?  Because the next step will be the actual
flames.

Are you your brother's keeper?  If so, speak up or froever hold your peace.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou