GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"SS.Jawara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 23:27:27 +0200
Obama '08
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jon Carson, BarackObama.com
  To: salomon jawara
  Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:13 PM
  Subject: Watch this video

        Dear salomon --

        Please watch this video of one of the most important days of the campaign so far:

        http://my.barackobama.com/vfcvideo

        Last Saturday, thousands of supporters all across the country came together at more than 100 Vote for Change kickoff events -- including at least one in all 50 states.

        They heard from speakers like Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius and Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick about how to register new voters effectively. Then they hit the streets and started making a difference in their own communities.

        Check out the video we pulled together from some of these events, and get involved in Vote for Change today:

        http://my.barackobama.com/vfcvideo

        Together, we're doing something that hasn't been attempted on this scale for decades.

        We're not just building a campaign. We're going to change the political map in this country by reaching out to people whose voices too often go unheard.

        And voters are responding.

        Here are two great stories we heard from people who participated in a Vote for Change event this weekend:

          "It was a really great feeling to see the community united by this effort. All ages, races and walks of life were represented at this event -- it was awesome to be part of a cohesive group working forward toward a common goal."

          - Erika in Chandler, AZ

          "The most exciting registrations that I worked on were young people who were registering for the very first time. I assisted two of these voters, and they were both so proud! One was about to graduate from high school and the other was in her first year at a local university. Being able to vote in their first presidential election, and to participate in American democracy, meant something really special to both of them."

          - Julie in Tulsa, OK

        This movement has always been about giving ordinary Americans the tools they need to bring about change -- and putting ownership of this effort in your hands.

        And as we prepare to close out the race against Senator Clinton -- and build a campaign that can compete against Senator McCain in all 50 states -- there's no better time to take this leap.

        Get involved today -- find a Vote for Change event near you or create your own:

        http://my.barackobama.com/vfcvideo

        Thanks to the hard work and enthusiasm of supporters like you, tens of thousands of people will vote for the first time this November -- and many more will re-engage after years of frustration.

        That's an amazing accomplishment, and Saturday was only the beginning.

        Right now, grassroots volunteers are organizing their own Vote for Change registration and mobilization drives in towns and cities across America, and you can join them.

        If you can't find an event near you, you can even create your own -- we've put together a resource page that will help you get organized.

        Be a part of Vote for Change -- find or host an event near you:

        http://my.barackobama.com/vfcvideo

        Thank you,

        Jon

        Jon Carson
        Voter Contact Director
        Obama for America

        Paid for by Obama for America
        This email was sent to: [log in to unmask]