GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ceesay Soffie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:30:03 -0500
To all of those women and those who them

Soffie
The Ages of Women

Age 8: Looks at herself and sees Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty etc.
Age 15: Looks at herself and sees Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty/Cheerleader or
if she is PMS'ing: sees Fat/Pimples/UGLY ("Mom I can't go to school looking
like this!")
Age 20:  Looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall,
too straight/too curly" - but decides she's going anyway.
Age 30:  Looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall,
too straight/too curly" - but decides she doesn't have time to fix it so
she's going anyway.
Age 40:  Looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall,
too straight/too curly" - but says, "At least, I'm clean" and goes  anyway.
Age 50: Looks at herself and sees "I am" and goes where ever she wants to.
Age 60: Looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't
even see themselves in the mirror anymore.  Goes out and conquers the world.
Age 70: Looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out and
enjoys life.
Age 80: Doesn't bother to look.  Just puts on a red hat and goes out to
participate in the world.
Age 90: Can't see and so doesn't worry about it!
Send this on to all the women you are grateful to have as friends.