GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:59:50 +0200
Thanks a lot Ebou Colly it seems I was watching the movie prior to the 1981
coup and its aftermath.Yes there was a Security advise committee but all
they were concerned with was to get rid of suspected Moja supporters from
the Field Force after the shooting to death of Mahoney of which they were
blamed . The death of Mahoney was seen as a coup plot and Commander Bojang
was linked to it just to get rid of him from F.F .I don't know if knew that
it was promotion rivalry which laid behind it all because Mahoney was
promoted to the rank of Commander and then who should take position as
Deputy Commander  Bojang or Ndow became the problem .You said it all it was
the same both before and after the 1981 coup most of  the efficient Officers
where implicated and those without hopes and the most useless remained .I
think the last stroke came with the removal of Commander Tambajang ,.F
.R.I.Jammeh  Inspectors Shylon and Juwara late in 1983 .It was the same also
at Special Branch the fore-runner of NSS and NIA .We will continue to pay a
high prize until due consideration is  given to efficiency dedication and
professionalism in all fields .

Darboe