GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Jeng, Beran" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:55:10 -0400
G-L'ers,

I analyze the President's speech and have detected, like most of us, the
Inconsistencies and contradiction that exits and to post it on the L
For your comments.

1.The opening and closing of the speech with bismilahi and asalamualaikum
    Is design to enhance the image of Jammeh as a devout Muslim, which
    Used to be appealing to Gambians; I don't know now.

2.The President, in his speech, decided to blame both the students and the
    Security personell, unlike the Vice President and the secretary Mr
    Badjie, who put the blame squarely on the students.

3.The Vice President and Secretary Badjie accused civilian infiltrators
    As the murderers of the students but the President abstained from
    Such finger pointing and instead indicated his governments
    Intention to launch a full scale investigation leaving no stone
    Unturned to get to the truth.

4. The President said that he was working with his government
     As things were unfolding and happening back home whilst
     Attending the G77 summit.

5.      The President referred to the murdered students as death of young
        People instead of the death of the students.

        Jammeh has sacrificed the VP and Secretary Badjie by taking
        A reconciliatory stand.

        Jammeh said he was working with his government whilst events unfold
        Which is a clear indication that he knows who gave the orders to murder
        The students and would therefore require less time to get to the bottom
        Of the investigation, which I believe should be done by independent
people
        Outside the government to make it credible.

        Jammeh express his deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathy to the
        Families and relatives of the murdered students, which reminds me of
        The behavior of rats in that whilst licking your feet they blow the feet
        Inorder you not to feel it.

        The whole speech is another Jammeh ploy.

        Beran