GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:12:58 EDT
Elhajj Mustapha,
We always need the timely intervention of elders of your kind to share their
wisdom, and set us to refocus on the ultimate mission- the restoration of
legitmacy, peace and prosperity to our dear mother land.
Internal rivalry amonsgt freedom fighters has definetly no place at this
moment of Gambian history. We can all suspend our differences until our dear
Gambia is saved from tyranny, then settle the rest through the rule of law,
human decency and good faith.
Your proposition for unity of action is long over due.  I have called
earlier for a United Front across the board- Halifa, Darboe, Bah, all the
elders of the Gambia, and civil societies to come together with one Gambian
platform to restore legitimacy, a necessary lebensraum for any credible
democracy to survive in the Gambia.  I still cannot fathom what is so hard
in this.  I have exposed to you all the tactics that Jammeh is constantly
using to target, isolate and finally annihilate his individual opponents
through "active measures".  I guess may be some people underestimate these
actions, yet my worry is it shall be too late to ever do anything.  These
measures are rigorously designed to give Jammeh and the AFRC "plausible
denialibility" and no amount of evidence can ever trace the perpetrators to
the real culprits.  Therefore it shall be absolute folly trying to
rationalize these activities.
I hope and pray that the leaders of the Gambian society can once again
create a United Front and take a resolute political action through civil
disobedience.  We all know the psychology of group dynamics, all it takes to
start a revolution is to agitate, and everything else shall follow.  Few
historical evidence under very repressive regimes- Mali under Musa Traore,
Iran under the Shah, Romania under Nicholai Ceaucescu, Phillipines under
Marcos and many more.....perhaps Gambia under Yaya Jahannam.
Fellow Gambians time is ticking, and that is all what tyranny needs to
survive.

Greetings

Ebou Jallow