GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
oko drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:11:59 -0700
Agriculture is a Business
called Agri-business otherwise know as
Enterprenuerial Agriculture.

Read on: This subject cannot take two lines, sorry! that is why it is a long text but without touching these areas the coming comments and remarks will be mostly geared towards the things that you did not say.

The level of Consciousness
The election time is a call, a call for Gambian people to come out to unite, to recognise their rights, their heritage, to build a sense of solidarity in one common goal. To begin to define their goals, our country, our leaders and to define our organisations and the conscience of our leadership. Election time is a call to reject bogus values in our soceity. Every Vote goes down a long way.

The task to Urbanisation
Hiding the pain of miseducation, to others, the burning issues are only a shadow. After years of humilation and bad conscience, powerless and through schattered history and powerlessness, it is not easy to rise from the offence.

The New century business trends:
The Gambia is not an agriculture, it is the Portuguses who brought in the peanuts. It is not ours. But like my friend Abou, put it "with only 4 months of rain and the soil is not too fertile"

Comments/ Mr. Mballow. The hoe, the backing tool that can't assist the farmer to make a living. This is correct

Ecomonic growth stimulation
We should look into Business of raw material processing., products made in home based business, green house vegetables that The Gambia do not produce.There should be Funding for direct marketing options, value-added and processing, organic marketing and labelling,

The new century
 It is about trade secrets and devices and complimenting information which given the opportunity to obtain an advantage over who do not know how to use it.No matter what you do and what you grow you will need to sell inordser to make profitif you are going tom stay in business.
You need resources that will offer advice on deversity developing new markets and adding value to farm products to increase income and to support e.g., Sustainable: Multi corp farming, organic herbs, Organic farming crops, farm energy compost water management. Freezing and foos caning and education lead to succesfull sustainability.

The creation of Business is the livelihood for any viable economy/ Jabou
Here we need business skills for the creation of any business and ecomonic growth stimulation.You need the system, approaches associated to it., appling the principles, holistic managemet, farm landscaping plant and animal prpduction,commercial fishinfg and sea food production culture to sustain agriculture.servicing the global market on advice and service that aviable for your country and for the world.

The US formula for supporting small business by assisting grants to enterprenuers, priority in assisting enterprenuers and recycling the wealth into the community is an investment that will pay off. This is the essence of capital.

Block-Grants Financial assistance for starters in the rural areas
For direct farm marketing, our farms must be included in guides to agricultural producers and expositions in agriculturals fairs and in domistic and international marketing assistance for the following: Here there is a need for education.
Investment plan
Estate plan
Succession plan
Retirement plan

This will bring in general economic benefit to the local communities and also increase spending in Nature-Based travel

1.Agro Tourism-  Farmland viablity plan, opportunity for developing this area by small agricultural farming.

2.Eco Tourism- A network of cooperation with farmers worldwide.

3.Nature Tourism -Conservation of the enviroment,strenghting an objective for sustainable of tourism. Forestry, gardening, irrigration and landscaping.

4.Cultural heritage Tourism-  Social cultural values,opportunity for local land owners.

Fomular can provide a change
The Asian tigers are well supported when they enter a negotiation, they have a diplomatic fomula aviable to them. China made France it touchstone for the Europeaon Union as a whole which largely become china's largest trading partner in the EU. They have already secure an opportunity for the thousands of business angels and money gurus into Europe with massive gains.

Comments: A.Bobb/ In conclusion, The War in Casammance is getting nearner. I lived in Liberia, Serirra Leone and IIvory Coast. I saw how it unfolded. It will come over to The Gambia weather we like it or not.This is a thriving business that the livihood of millions depends on both at home and abroad.They have no regard for human suffering and humanlife.

Good order is the Foundation in all things

OOOopsss!-Typos if any........Excuse me please !

Oko Drammeh
www.okodrammeh.com

[log in to unmask] wrote:
Malanding,

agreed that few Gambians depend entirely on farming and having a hard time
of it I might add as we all know. I was not arguing against making education
more available and affordable (how can anyone argue against that?) but rather
to  the suggestion to invest in educating Gambians and then farming them  out
to other countries in exchange for remittances with all the long term  cultural
and economic ramifications that will have and those people are likely  not to
return home.

This is why the need to look at some of the alternate solutions I mentioned
will be important.
We also have to dispel the notion that educated people cannot be farmers,
farming is not limited to peanuts and small business ownership is not  limited
to just owning a shop around the corner selling candy and  candles.
Educating people and then creating opportunities for them by giving them  the
support and resources they need to create different businesses and
ultimately jobs is the solution. The creation of businesses is the lifeblood of  any
viable economy.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 9/13/2006 10:42:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,