GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:00:17 EDT
Yahya, I am glad that, by having a friendly exchange of thoughts/views, we are successfully narrowing the gap in regards to how to approach the issue of "unreadable" posts.  While I understand your point about promoting diversity, we can still promote these by posting in English.  Secondly, English is indeed our accepted medium of communication not because we chose so, but because it is the language that the overwhelming majority of us have in common.  And I am still of the opinion that a person that is not willing to accept this fact has no place on the L.

Finally, I guess my years in America have  turned me into a bit of a stickler for conformity.  But there is something to be said about having standards and order in any society, the L included.   Anyway, it has been interesting reading your posts, and I commend you for engaging me in  a dialogue that has opened my eyes to issues that I was previously unaware of.

Regards,
Yus