GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sidi sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:31:41 -0800
Hamjatta,
Thank you for your timely posting. The abysmal state
of basic education in the developing countries
warrants urgent action from the G-7,the developing
countries themselves and the type of leadership
displayed by Gordon Brown on the issue of third world
debt. What has become of Mr. Blair? It seems his gloss
is wearing off rapidly, both at home and abroad. For
whatever it's worth, I fully concur with Oxfam's
position; a blueprint for universal basic education
without funding commitments is as good as the Alma
Atta Declaration-Health For All by the Year 2000.
Remember?
sidi sanneh