GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:09:08 -0400
Comrades:

To set the record straight John Bojang is not
dictator yahya's uncle.  All this is total
fabrication.

I came to know John Bojang as an unqualified
teacher at Bulock Primary School.  Mr. Bojang
is an arrogant and compulsive liar who will
say anything to get by.  As a Moslem, I made a
switch with Dominique (I forgot his last) to
teach bible studies for me while I  taught
math with John's approval.  I felt that as a
Moslem I was going against Islam by teaching
bible to my students.  Unfortunately for us when
Father Tammie came to visit Bulock Primary, John
intimated to him that we made a switch without
his approval.  Dominique and I were so betrayed
that I told John that I would never come back to
teach in January.  I was very lucky that I did
not get fired, but Father Tammie told me that it
was "either I teach bible classes or find a job
somewhere."  I just the latter.

As a messenger for the dictator, John has every
right to defend the illegal government.  Our
responsibility is to continue on our messages that
are seriously affecting the image of the brutal
government.  John's condemnation should be
our encouragement.  Please let this sleeping dog
die.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh