GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Small <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:35:12 -0000
Really folks, I have no doubt that you guys are pretty intelligent. For me,
the issue is not whether Jammeh has done anything at all for The Gambia. For
me the issue is very political and revolves around one single qestion, which
I challenge you to answer:

Why is Jammeh refusing to fulfil his promise in 1994 to limit the number of
times he can run for president?  One of his excuses for seizing power was to
make sure that no future president overstays in power, a tendency that, you
guys would agree, could lead to political disaster in our country. Why is he
reneging on that promise?

Please don't tell me that I should go ask Yaya Jammeh. If you are out to
defend him, you must be prepared to defend him on all counts. I look forward
to your answer.
Pa Small