GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malamin Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:50:44 +0000
Tombong, Fatu Jahumpa-ceesay, and Yero Mama:

Yahya have won the elections, the opposition conceded to him, can you
explain to the L why there are dozens of arrests of opposition supporters?
Yahya extends an olive branch then turns around and arrest people for no
reasons. I am asking you for answers because at one point or another you
have spoken on behalf of Yahya(APRC). Arrest warrants granted by judges are
not part of our judicial system, are they?

Jabou:

your source stated that Senegalese border patrol confiscated around 20,000
Gambian voters cards possessed by Senegalese nations. My question is can
these cards be provided to the opposition as evidence of election fraud
committed by APRC? Maybe this is an avenue The opposition should explore.

Yahya's olive branch should be discarded at Mile Two(disposal). Yahya knows
the threat Gambians abroad and the L pose to his survival. His departure
will eventually be brough by the L and us in the diaspora. Now if only the
opposition parties can discover the potential of Gambians abroad and the L
in their quest to clean that country of ours. It is my opinion that Yahya
pays more attention to us and the L (out of fear of course) than the
opposition parties.

As I expected few of us are supporters of the opposition or we just don't
like to part with a few dollars to support the opposition.

Regards
MJohnson