GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 18:41:00 +0200
I am worried, more worried than ever before. The Gambia our beloved country is getting systematically destroyed day by day. The warm heartedness and friendliness of the Gambian people prostituted. Absolute power, absolute distruction final. This is the state of the nation today.
When Jammeh overthrow Dawda Jawara I, like many others rejoyce. Why? we all Know Jawara overstayed in office. Corruption was the other of the day. Education was negleted. There were scarecity of job. In short Jawara didn't meet our expectations. Therefore, changes was our wishes. But we want effective changes.
When Jammeh and his cohorts seize power in july 1994 we expect this to pave the way for a better Gambia. A Gambia that is more democratic than before, a Gambia that provide better education for her people, a Gambia with better medical facilities, better infrastructures, better employment possibilities, economic properity and less foreign debt, diversified agricultural system, less corruption, more efficiency in all aspects of politics and lifestyle a Gambia full of happy and contented people to emerge.
But equally many other Gambians were scaptical. They doubt that if our young soldiers had the qualities of Thomos Sangara or Toumanie Touray. They were almost certain of another one man show. A more retrogressive sytem to image, like many other military regimes elsewhere in the world.
Today, six years after the coup, rather unfortunately, they are proven right.
Jammeh disappointed The Gambian people. Jammeh don't learn from history. Jammeh instead of correcting the pass mistakes desire to add salt to our injury. He does not live up to the least of our expectations. This is sad and very disappointing but the situation is not totally hopeless.
Yes it is not hopeless, not the least.
Yaya seize power in july 19994 and rigged elections in 1996.
Yaya decided to mime and kill some of the best sons and daughters of The Gambia for personal gains and not in the interest of The Gambia and her people.
Yaya is embezling our funds and depositing it in foreign banks. Selfishness blinds people that they could not see beyound their nose. Otherwise part of Maboutus wealth is deposited in The Gambia. Maboutu died naturally but was unable to rescue this wealth neither for his family nor for the people of the Rep. of Congo. And Yaya Jammeh who makes joke of himself of being one of the good sons of Africa shall never give back this wealth to the people of Congo. So, is it not stupid of this man to use foreighn banks to deposit the squanded wealth? This is another manifestation of the thoughtlesness of this man.
By intimidating and harashing The Gambian people you may succeed by prolonging your stay in office but you will not die in this office Mr. PRESIDENT with the grace of Allah.
Even if your depature should be by forcefull means you will be captured not killed at spot. Whether you should die will be judically dealt with but how you should die will be thouroughly thought of and systematically and consiquently carried out. "insahllah". Take this words seriously and please don't see it as a threat but rather as your own desire.
Because you do stand in the media and beet your chest by saying that you are prepaired to die for this office.
You see, one fondamentall thing you fail to realise is that we are not after the office itself. We are after that what is expected of the office. It makes no difference who is in the office but what he/she does in and with the office. That is what is important for a seasoned politician.
This nonsence what you and some of the so called politicians make to be the most inportant thing in The Gambia today will live to hunt you for life. The Gambia knows no tribalism to the point of making tribal enemies. It is a lie to call The Gambian a tribalist. But this is it everywhere in Africa. People in position try to deviate the attention of the gorvernance from ones inability by not doing what is expected of them, from real problems that need our attention and full concentration by using tribal issues so as to either prolong ones stay in office or to grasp power. It is sad and rather unfortunate that you the semiliterates are getting succeeded by faning this lie thus making another Liberia, Rwander or peoples Rep. of Congo out of The Gambia. Do you know Mr. PRESIDENT that you and people of your sort are the course of Africas setback? Perhaps not.
If i were you I will pack my things and make the place free for someoneelse who, maybe, can do better. By doiong this you will make history. At least one good thing in your life to The Gambia. By doing this you will not be branded as a coward but rather as a man of conscence. This is what i will do if i were you. Accepting ones mistake is no cowardice but honesty.
Failing to go and failing to arrest the present intimidation and harashment process that is going on in the country, then you left us no other way out but to counter you with violence.
Enough is enough. Today the 1st. Of July 2000 i personally give price to my identity and my intention. I am in the struggle and care less what may happen to me personally. Your thugs, Baba Jobe, Modou Pig Jallow, and others know me. They were sheep in wolfs clothing. We were all notured by Moja-G like you Mr. PRESIDENT also when only for a short time. I am disappointed by such people at most. That i had to do with power hungry people who on the whole are not the least interested in a better Gambia, is a killing pain.
Now the time has come Mr. PRESIDENT for every seasoned politically commited Gambian to die for the Gambia or to live the political stage.
Our strategy is complex but simple. You are the last target. We will start with your thugs. One after the other. Untill you are naked. You either flee the country or we reach you.
This hit and run strategy will get you.