GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:18:49 EST
Katim,
    I thinking attempting to gag religious postings on the L would be in
betrayal of a liberal principle of this forum; the free and unhindered
exchange of ideas bright and ridiculous as they might be. Also it would lay
the List Managers open to genuine, well heeled and concerned criticism.
    I think it would be safe to advice list members to DELETE postings that
they have no wish to read rather than gag those who post such messages. This
would be in contravention of liberal principles that have made the L so
vibrant and diverse.
    Don't get me wrong. I never open these religious postings. If I need
spiritual advice, I know where to go to. Most of these postings come from
characters who are nothing but sanctimonious fraudulent poseurs; who say one
thing only to do another. Take the case of Jabou. She is always sending these
postings online but doesn't cease to label smear people as conies of some
faceless wonders who are hell bent on destroying the Gambia. And she is
always sending postings that carry messages of truth and forgiveness. Talk of
sanctimonious and convenient posing on the Internet!!!!
    My disgust in these characters will never let me betray my liberal
principle of the free exchange of ideas much as I might find some of these
ideas and the characters behind them reprehensible and nauseating.
    I say to you revoke this gagging order of yours and let the sanctimonious
fraudulent poseurs be. Trust the maturity of list members to sift through the
rubble. I'm sure most members don't even have time to open these religious
postings. By going ahead with this gagging order, you will only be giving the
enemies of this forum with more ammunition to fire at you. Soon you will be
hearing charges of Gambia-L being an atheistic forum or very anti Islam.
Have a great evening.

Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh