GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 21:12:19 -0700
Hi Ebrima:

    Just take a minute and reflect on how far we've come. Stepping out of
the struggle at these promising times is just unthinkable. You need to
realize that, we've come long way and that all major stumbling blocks on our
way have been crushed.

    As for brothers like Matarr Njie and co., the best way to silence them
is to turn a deaf ear on their noise makings. I've recently received mail
from this guy, Matarr, thinking that I was Ousaiou Ngum of Gambia Airways
(of course I'm not). In his mail, this guy went went about making all forms
of allegations and degrading comments about me without even verifying if he
was actually talking to the latter. I know Ous Ngum and we happen to share
the same names and even middle initials. I look at him as a very
distinguished gentleman. However, Matarr Njie was not even the least
prepared to listen to what I had to say. I decided to cut it off. This is
just another episode of his ignorance-publicity campaign. He is not the only
one that way. He has a host of other people like him on the G-L, but thank
God, the overwhelming majority is not.

    Don't go away just because of what these folks think of you. You should
see it this way, that your postings are of substance and these agents are on
a campaign to defend the Dictator and his camp by all available means. Stay
on and continue with the good job. This is our civic responsibilities. Give
it a second thought. God bless you.