GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:17:47 -0400
Tombong, you are sooooooo funny. When I say that the Opposition is going to
win, I back it with concrete FACTS. Was it not just last week that
Fatooumatta Jahumpa was jumping up and down LYING about your support in
Basse? Did you NOT show videos of rented crowds pretending that Yaya had the
support of the people of Basse? When everything was said and done and we
showed the whole world that you (APRC cronies) were LYING about Yaya’s
support, what happened next? Yaya fired Buba Baldeh and started leaking his
wounds. He went on the rampage start threatening people telling them
ridiculous stories about video cameras in voting booths. Who did the moron
think he is kidding in his quest to intimidate the Gambian electorate? Of
course people know that there will be NO video cameras in the voting booths.
When Gambians are in the lonely confines of the voting booths, away from the
intimidation, they will think about their slaughtered children and vote the
moron out of office.

Keep dreaming and making a fool of yourself with these silly and empty
statements. You and Ousman Bojang do NOT even know how ridiculous you sound
saying that the Opposition burnt down government buildings. Tombong, you
ought to be ashamed of yourself (holding the position you hold at GRTS)
making such ludicrous statements that have no forensic basis whatsoever.
What this does is further reinforce my views that mental midgets like you
know that without a moron like Yaya at the helm, you will return to your
cab-driving days. That is the only thing you are apparently good for. Hence
your fanatical support of the moron. You know that without Yaya mediocrity
will be wiped out in the country. How on earth can you make such
off-the-wall comments? ‘Waa Juwara attempted to burn his house down with his
family sleeping in the house’. Are you well?

Let us examine the person with a motive to commit this arson; which by the
way you are hiding from the Gambian public. Who will gain from the arson?
Tombong wake up and smell the coffee. Yankuba Touray knows that the party is
over. He is positioning himself for life without Yaya and the stolen
millions of dollars. What does Yankuba Touray do? He hides Yaya’s two
million dalasis, torch the buildings, and say that the money got burnt.
Oldest trick in the book. Can only fool morons and mental midgets like
yourself, Yaya and Ousman Bojang. ‘Naa Arata eat ‘am’. Maybe Yaya used the
‘dirimo’ story already. So, Yankuba Touray is using the arson one now. Give
us a break. You guys better ask Yankuba Touray for the money you were going
to use to bribe Banjul/Kombo voters.

Gambians know that the Opposition has NOTHING to do with APRC’s latest
crime. You know who the master arsonists are. They do NOT only burn
buildings, they burn people alive. Remember you buddy Koro Ceesay? Remember
how they attempted to burn George Christensen? Or did those people attempt
to burn themselves and their buildings too? We know your government CANNOT
pin this on innocent Gambians. The Alliance was busy up country campaigning
to convince Gambians to vote for PRESIDENT DARBOE. It was the APRC that was
in Banjul. This time around you CANNOT spread LIES to create chaos in the
country to use that as a pretext to justify a Military Dictatorship in the
country. Enough is enough. I CANNOT emphasize enough how determined Gambians
are to get rid of Yaya. Yaya knows his days are numbered. You know it too
but you are in denial. I pray that you remain in denial until after Yaya is
defeated on October 19, 2001.

We are watching you and we will see what you will do between Tuesday and
Thursday when officially there should be no campaigning by either side. We
are also watching the IEC to see whether Gabriel Roberts will keep you in
check from giving Yaya unlimited access to the airwaves at the expense of
other Opposition Parties. Yaya is FINISHED. Watch out for the escort that is
going to lead a triumphant PRESIDENT DARBOE into Banjul. Just like Darboe’s
entourage during the nomination overshadowed Yaya’s, Alliance supporters
will again descend on Banjul in full force to show the whole world that come
October 19, 2001, we can only hear Vive Darboe.
KB