GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:58:35 EST
Ebrima Ceesay,

It is good to see you on the L again, , and to read your valuable comments. I
was begining to wonder where you had dissappeared to.

Yes indeed, Yaya Jammeh will align himself with anyone who will give him
money,  which is his main objective.

If in this attempt he is making it easy for those who are looking for excuses
to categorize countries as so-called fundamentalist states with all the
repercussions that this can bring to bear on our people and our country in
this day and age of panic and paranoia, then he is doing us a  big diservice
to say the least.

As for those who are labelling our country as an Islamic State, anyone with a
brain can see that an Islamic State is run accoridng to Shariah law, and our
country is not run under Shariah law even though our constitution has long
been discarded by the Jammeh regime. I guess they can lable us a state run by
outlaws because that is exactly what our country has  become.

The same intelligence reports are quite capable to distinguish that fact even
as they are also able to see that Jammeh is nothing but another one of many a
 money and power driven African leader., the likes of which they have seen
before, and in some instances, have helped create and maintain for their own
interest.

Jabou Joh