GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulie A Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:00:51 -0600
Folks,

I am glad to be back on the dock. Was busy trying to add letters to my
name. I must say I miss all my honorable brethren and sis on the list.
Without much ado, Malanding, as Elhajj Faye would say: "you have
directly hit the nail on the right spot". Only this time, you almost
broke the nail!
The opposition received their standing orders. They have warned by
comrades on this list and voters on the ground to stiffen their sinews
and summon up their blood to face the tyrant. Energetic everydayness
and affability should have been serious duty. Just as it is always a
moral obligation to be intelligent, there is always an obligation to be
steadfast.
It would be irrational to begin acting as if the tyrant is capable of
making life harzardous for the average Gambian generally. And an even
more important reason for not being complacent with the fascist to
knock the opposition off its normal jaunty stride is that the Gambian
democratic equllibrium may soon be tested again by an even bigger
issue - the imminent National Assembly Member elections.
What might be the next fraud ushered by jammeh and co? Ofcourse
allowing non-citizens to vote would intensify the public outcry by
doing things that are ubiquitous- non-citizen voters - seem ominous.

However, it is time to be proactive against the frauds that the tyrant
and his followers will bring up the plate next time round. There are
two sides in the game of politics, you're either on the offensive or
the defensive. The choice is clear.

Abdoulie Jallow