GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:03:43 EST
I agree with those that have expressed a desire to allow a variety of
postings on the L.  As long as we have no  suicidal doomsday cultists
actively trying to recruit on the Gambia-L, we should be have nothing to be
concerned about.  I think most of us know where we stand on religious issues.
 This means that when we see a particular topic that grabs out interest, for
example the importance of Zam Zam water or whatever, we might open an email
and curiously browse through it.  On the other hand, if the email is long
confusing or irrelevant, we might simply delete it.  In other words, everyone
has their own topics of interest on the L.  Mr. Sidi Sanneh likes to talk
about economic issues , while Essa Thomas is interested in gathering
solutions on the Gambian problems etc etc.  Therwfore, to completely ban
religious issues while other topics are welcomed, is grossly unfair.

For the sake of fairness and freedom of speech on the L, l urge Mr. Touray
and everyone concerned to rescind the decision to ban religion on this forum.