GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:30:30 -0500
Ebrima,

You are no match to the piffling and rambling of our Canterbury educated
'Kebba Jobe'.  The issues he ventured to articulate made me to nearly fall
asleep on my keyboard.  I couldn't find any relation to what you charged
Yahya on your excellent submissions with his badly argued posting.  Jobe is
yet again trying to rest blame on those who killed our children somewhere
else.

Jobe is yet again rattling that it is not enough to blame Yahya even if he
had given the others.  Since Jobe once compared himself with giants like
Mandela, i want to know who is to blame for the crimes of apartheid in South
Africa. Is it the small fry who carried out the orders of their superiors or
the big guns who pulled the strings from behind the scene?

It is just lamentable when you see a relatively informed person attempting
to absolve Yahya's crimes. They always find themselves waffling without any
coherence.

Jobe, please get real.  We can differentiate developmental issues and all
that.  Maybe people Jobe see nothing wrong with the millions who died during
Hitlers rule when compared with how he made Germany a powerful nation both
economically and otherwise within a short period of him stealing power in
1933.

Anyway Ebrima keep it coming.

Regards,

Mboge

P.S Indeed Jabez Ayo Langley is an intellectual giant.  His book which  was
developed from his PH.D thesis which he defended here at SOAS in 1973 is a
standard text on African nationalism and Pan-Africanism.  One of my
Professors here at SOAS talks big about him.