GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:25:53 +0000
Mr.Dampha,
      Sure it wasn't the least condescending calling me "mister" it is one
of the most respectful words we can dig out from a dictionary.
I would reciprocate your stand here(please) i won't dwell into what was a
state visit or not! My observations were meant to provide clarifications
ie:that indeed President Jammeh went to Italy (and this you have honourably
accepted). Kebba it is human to err,so you and FJC should just let sleeping
dogs lie as far as this topic is concerned and continue the political
debates.

FJC!!! Hello are you there? a personal appeal here! Ps,i would appeal that
you apologise for calling anybody a "liar" and we move on.
It is honourable to apologise!it is honourable to accept facts! it is
honourable to tell a friend or an associate the truth! I did apologise to
people here when i went wrong(by becoming personal).However,i am still
refuting the issues that i find unacceptable on our side BUT NEVER WILL I
BECOME PERSONAL HERE AGAIN AND I MEAN IT!

You are really needed on the L and other  fora (at least by those you work
with), so be mindful of my advise as per the words in quotations show
hereunder:

NB/"You see, nowadays the laws on this forum have become more strict and
objective than before(and this is what all of us were fighting
for).Therefore, try and   avoid becoming the one to carry the "shackles" of
punnishment from  list managers(it will be disturbing to be punnished for
doing wrong when you could have avoided it). you are needed here so just
forget the personal and debate on the political.Ignore some distractions at
least for my sake i am on my knees sister!
Gambia-L is one of the outlets(communication-wise)so lets stay on and be
reading through and delete what we feel is "bitter or acrid" to either
"drink or inhale".
Even at the jammeh2001.org,its not all who support the system,however,(the
president according to my sources has asked the forum moderator to leave all
partcipipants to be surfing and sending in their ideas freely)".
Sister believe me i have a learnt a lot from this forum an elsewhere
vis-a-vis on how to play the chess in political debates. Some provocations
are meant to distract,some are meant to annoy and breed "species" that can
castigate you,others are meant to dig,thus irritate you to react in a
defensive way(there and then you will say all that the other party wanted to
know).

These are some of the strategies in political debates so try and follow your
priorities and avoid becoming personal.In as much as we may totally disagree
with some ideas here,its very interesting staying on the L to see and know
how others perceive things.

PEACE CAN NEVER BE IMPOSED IT MUST BE CREATED AND THE CREATION OF PEACE IS A
SYMBIOSIS OF THE EXTERNAL WITH THE INTERNAL.

You have done a great job on your forum(ie:the jammeh2001.org)so keep it up

Yeromama.

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."