GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:05:13 -0700
Dear all,

I just wanted to say two words:  "On Ndiarama!"  Thanks soooo much for your
thoughtfulness, all the ideas, the prayers, the suggestions, commentary, and noble
work that you all are engaged in in furthering The Gambia. It's probably not fair to
name names, but I pray and trust you'll forgive me.

To Sigga Jagne and Yankuba N'jie, I say  kudos (as the Americans would say) for the
great work you've been doing in helping the students injured and maimed in April
2000, during the student demonstrations in The Gambia.  A lot of people might not
know of the great work you folks are doing behind the scenes, but God knows.  And
that's enough.

To Ablie Saine, Musa Jeng, Elhajj Tapha Fye, Hamjatta (I really liked your summary of
why Jammeh should be voted- or booted-out; he can take his pick), Jassey-Conteh,
Jabou Joh, Beran, Yus, and on and on ...  Please keep the dialog going.  At the very
least, you are going on the record to state where you stand on the issues, and what
you hope for our country.  That's much more than can ever be said for many people
around who have no less a stake in the future of our country.

For now, I'd rather stay a "silent wolf", confident in the knowledge that, as the
Wollof saying goes:  "Waxi mak dafaa guday, wai du fanaan alla"  Have a great week,
and best wishes.

Katim