GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
rodine renner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:26:12 -0700
Hi Mr Jow,
I am sorry to say but you are still in the 19th century.  Enough is Enough and just SHUT UP.  If you have wanted want you belief, you should have left your shell and go to the Gambia on the ground, campainge, conduct and monitor the election proceedings.  Please do not waste our time with your crap talks, we've got enough, we only want to move forward and not behind.  (FORWARD EVER, BACKWARD NEVER).  Whether you wait for clarification or not, the die is cast and your only choice now is, COME HOME AND CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OR STAY IN EXILE for the next five years, or more and SHUT UP.
LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION, LONG LIVE APRC and H.E. Dr YAHYA JAMMEH for DEVELOPMENT ORIENTED, LONG LIVE THE GAMBIAN ELECTORATES for choosing what is in your interest.  Those who are on the ground feels it and knows it better than those who are away.  So if you say that the APRC is better for DEVELOPMENT and PROGRESS, I am 150% with you do not mind the sefish people who were enjoying during 32 years of PPP.  They cannot enjoy forever we also need to exercise our rights to enjoy.  Let them remember that that the coin has 2 sides, (HEAD AND TAIL).
SO FINALLY, MR JOW, I SAY ONCE MORE SSSSSSTTTTTOOOOOPPPPP DREAMING.  No more correspondent till the year 2006 because I have a lot to contribute to the development of my beloved country THE GAMBIA and less time for gabbage talks.
DOWN WITH JOW.
DOWN WITH SELFISHNESS.
DOWN WITH GREEDINESS.
DOWN WITH NARROW MINDEDNESS.
UP WITH OBJECTIVITY.
LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY, AS JUST MANIFESTED IN THE GAMBIA WITH THE PRESENCE OF LOADS OF INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS WHO HAVE COMMENDED THE GAMBIA'S ELECTRORAL PROCESSES.
TO THE APRC, I SAY BBBRRRVVVOOO and GOOD LUCK IN THE COMING YEARS WITH MMMMOOOORRRREEEE DEVELOPMENTS and ECONOMIC PROGRESS to make THE GAMBIA A BETTER PLACE and a MODEL of AFRICA.
BYE.
Cheers,
Rodine.

 As much as I want to accept this result in good faith, I have serious
reservations on whether this was a fair result. Reports coming out of
Banjul last night indicated that there was a massive electric power
blackout in the Kombos immediately after the voting stations ceased to
accept voters.

Additionally, I think that this is not truly refelctive of what should have
been had we had a more educated and informed voting population. Combine
this with massive election malpractices (expl in the absence of an ID card
those with marbles were able to vote) and we had a truly unwinnable
situation there.

In this light, I suggest that pending a more detailed analysis of what
transpired on the ground, we wait before declaring Jammeh and the APRC as
truly legitimate winners of this election.

I also suggest that we continue to struggle. In fact, I had considered
leaving the list, but this result has just motivated me to come back and
contribute more to the struggle.

The Gambian population has to be lifted from this mental slumber which was
one of the factors which led to Jammeh's victory. In a country where the
illiteracy rate is close to 70%, it is extremely difficult to change things
but we must endeavor to smash the mindset which has held us down.

Down with the APRC!
Long live democracy!

Mr Rodine Renner

John Moores University