GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:35:09 GMT
Latjor,

I'm busy as hell, but this Barrow guy must have been reading my mind or
s'thing, because he has latched onto some of the points that confused me.
But, in fairness to you, I'll go back and spell out the exact sections I'm
talking about.

Regarding the "remarks" about you, I think you're being way too sensitive
here. I didn't mean to take pot shots at you. To the contrary, my point was
meant to be a general statement of fact: that as it is, any person (NOT
specifically Latjor Ndow) can call him/herself anything he/she wants in
America (a-la David Koresh!) So it's not directed at Latjor Ndow per se. And
the same goes for the follower bit. As far as I know, you Latjor is not
forcing anybody to follow you, or do anything. Those who believe in you do
so totally "at will." My point? Whatever blame/repercussion there is for
such following, should not be directed at Latjor, but the willing (adult)
followers. So, I don't see the point in your insinuation that I'm directing
"remarks" at you. If it makes you feel better, throw the same remarks at me.
I most certainly won't feel offended by you pointing out a general statement
of fact affecting me. I'll find time to point out the trouble spots I
stumbled upon in your paper.

Good luck!

Saul.