GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:37:01 +0000
Edi, you are absolutely right with your assessment of Joe Joof.  He will go
when Jammeh goes and I would go as far as suggesting the he be disbarred.
All of them are going to be dragged before a grand jury to be judged against
their criminal behavior, from Yaya and Njie-Saidy down to your garden
variety thug in the NIA.  Time and history is on our side.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: edi sossoeh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Is Joseph Joof sincere with Gambians? Part one.
>Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:09:50 +0000
>
>Joseph Joof has once again deceived and lied to Gambians that the
>abolishment of second round of voting will bring peace and saved resources
>in future elections.   Joof  is the most dishonest and unethical Attorney
>General the Gambia, has ever had in history.  This young man had
>compromised
>all his ethics, I doubt if he had any,   for the sake of money and
>position.
>
>He pioneered all these bad and repressive laws in the country.  Chief among
>them is the infamous and draconian media Commission Act , the Indemnity
>Act,
>which gave license to the security forces to kill without facing any court
>of law.  He also championed the amendment of the local government Act among
>host of others.   Here is a man who claimed his job is to advise the
>president on legal matters.  He verily knew what is doing is wrong and he
>continue to  give wrong advises to Gambia’s dictator.
>
>  Joof   fails to realise is that  he is not only doing disservice to
>himself and the country, but to the future leaders of this impoverished
>country.  All these laws are man made and can be scrapped one day.    I
>doubt whether he like Jammeh  as he claimed.    All these draconian  laws
>he is advising Jammeh to come up with is only intended to further discredit
>the young man’s regime.   Such laws have no place in any true democracy.
>
>The Bar Association should sanction AG’s who are found of abusing their
>positions.  Joof’s  type should not be allowed to be part of the Bar after
>they are fired.  They have nothing to offer to this country.   He should
>learn from his predecessor Pap Cheyassin Secka.  Pap had ceased going to
>court representing litigants.  He told a close friend that he had been used
>and abused by the regime and he can’t see eye to eye with his colleagues.
>He admitted that he had wronged the people of this country by allowing the
>regime to use him for their dirty work.  Joof wake up from your slumber and
>reconcile with the realities on the ground.  You have sell your integrity
>for money and position.  This is shame.   You have deviated from your
>orginal promise.  When you were sworn into office you promise to uphold and
>defend the constitution.  This is not the case today.  With   these
>constitutional battering  and  gross human right  violations,  we believe
>you have a different agenda.
>
>You  can be best remembered for being the worst AG.  Since you came in you
>have not bring any development in your Department.  Instead you are bent on
>tampering with the second Republic’s constitution.  Sometime, you behave as
>if your boss Jammeh owns the constitution.  This constitution you are
>tampering was endorsed by Gambians through a  referrandum.  You don’t have
> [...]

Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam