GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saul Mbenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:57:58 EDT
Yus Jow, I think this magnificent eye-opener, will give us a better picture
of what we are in for. Brother Elombe speaks from an African perspective of
things, just as other groups identifies their interest[s] and executes a MADE
FOR TELEVISION SOAP OPERA: THE DUMBING OF THE AMERICAN MIND. As I urged you
yesterday, we have to stop voting for the best of two evils, be it USA or
Gambia, instead vote your conscience and pocketbook.
Listening to one of Halifa Sallah's political message/challenge audio tape
[wollof version], Gambian's are caught up in the similar voting situation:
'dama ragall, suunuy baai yi nyoh jogeeh benna gohgi, foh ko giss mungeh
siing rek, funuy taseh mu dankal ma haalis, moh toagone benachin bu barry
yaapa bi, = saanil koh karta...in translation, vote for the devil even if he
shows up with a plastic smiling face.