GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:56:20 -0500
Here we go again with the inmates running the asylum.  Bunch of mental
midgets and corrupt mandarins being handed the reins of government. God help
Gambia. This is a ‘rethread’ of the same bunch that slaughtered our
children, steal from us, rendered our people poorer, while overseeing
reverse development in the country. Even if some of these appointees were
competent, the Dictatorship will NOT allow them to do what is right for the
country. But what we have is a Dictatorship (all right) lording over
INCOMPETENT people that are too scared to think straight.

Isatou Njie-Saidy: the very woman that was acting president when our
children were slaughtered in broad daylight by Yaya security forces. To what
extent would this woman go to perpetuate the Dictatorship? She could NOT
help defenseless three-year-olds on that fateful day on April 10, 2000. All
hell broke loose in her INCOMPETENT hands and our children were massacred.
Did she talk sense to the Dictatorship to allow the children to carry on
their peaceful demonstration against the lawlessness in the country? No! the
woman went along with Yaya’s diabolical orders from Cuba that the RVH
mortuary should be filled with dead bodies of our children. This woman does
NOT belong in a ‘cabinet’. She belongs in jail.

Captain Singhateh: what more can be said about the man’s crimes? At least he
has been DEMOTED in this ‘cabinet’. ‘Minister for Works and Infrastructure’.
I hope the moron realizes that it is one and the same thing. He’s been
striped of some power and that power now reposes on someone else more
competent than he is. What does the mental midget know about Communications
and Technology? The High School drop out knows that he does NOT belong in a
‘cabinet’. Had they not stolen power in 1994, they would be out in the
street scratching for a living because they are all INCOMPETENT and do NOT
have what it takes to earn a honest living.

Ousman Badgie, Minister for Religious Affairs: these people are mocking God.
This adulterer who few weeks ago was caught with his pants is given charge
of ‘Religious Affairs’ in the country. He showed his INCOMPETENCE in the
recently concluded hajj season that the illegal government hijacked from the
private sector. That case has not even been settled yet, and the man is
opted into a ‘cabinet’. Just goes to show you the caliber of people running
our country. We are in a sorry state and the free-fall shall continue.

This ‘cabinet’ is one of the most ridiculous outfits I have ever seen.
Manlafi Jarjue: the only thing the guy got going for him is that he is an
unashamed Yaya sycophant. Period. This man is now given potentially the most
complicated portfolio in the country. The land tenure system in Africa is
complicated to even mental giants with experience in the field. I can bet my
last dime that the moron knows NOTHING about our land tenure system. All he
sees is an opportunity to engage in corruption by ‘allocating’ land to other
Yaya cronies. Pretty soon this man is going to be sorry he was ever
appointed in that position. INCOMPETENCE coupled with corruption is just the
perfect mix to cause chaos in that department. I wonder how his experience
in the US is going to help him man a position that is so complicated and
peculiar to The Gambia. But, you blame Manlafi, you are focusing on the
wrong person. His boss (Yaya) who is trying to reward Manlafi for his
(Manlafi’s) praise-singing does NOT even understand the enormity of the job
at hand. These mental midgets think that they are still in High School.

Other ‘rethreads’ like Joseph Joof and Blaise Jagne, I would not even talk
about. Their records speak for themselves. Under Joseph Joof’s watch, the
justice system is in disarray. Innocent Gambians are jailed for several
months without trial. Innocent children have been massacred in broad
daylight and their families denied justice by this illegal government.
Joseph Joof’s prosecutors could NOT even convict the people that murdered
Ebrima Barry in broad daylight. This man knows that in a serious government
he would have been fired a long time ago for INCOMPETENCE. He came to
Washington (at taxpayers’ expense) and ran away from people questioning the
heinous acts of his government. He knows he CANNOT defend the indefensible.

People like Blaise are just played like a yo-yo by characters like Baabaa
Jobe. Thugs running our foreign policies. This same man was the only
‘diplomat’ at the Commonwealth that supported Dictator Abacha for the
heinous murder of (environmental activist) Ken Sara-wiwa. Why? Because
Abacha was stealing from the Nigerians and sharing some of his loot with
Yaya. They are the laughing stock of the international community. He goes to
the United Nations and all he does is pimp for Taiwan, Libya and Cuba.

We have a real leadership problem in the country. Here was another
opportunity for the Dictatorship to turn a new leaf. Get rid of all the High
School drop outs in the ‘cabinet’; not just demoting them. Get rid of people
like Famara Jatta that oversaw the reversal of our fortunes; under his watch
Gambians have grown poorer. Get rid of the adulterer that oversaw the
suffering of our people in Mecca. Get rid of Njie-Saidy, the woman that
CANNOT defend innocent children. But, we all know that that would NOT
happen. Ordinarily, Yaya has no business choosing a ‘cabinet’ in the first
place. He stole power in 1994 and stole two subsequent elections in order to
remain in power. So long as Gambians continue tolerating Yaya, this is the
type of ‘cabinet’ we will continue to have. People get appointed solely
because they sing the praises of the Dictatorship. Not a single member of
this ‘cabinet’ will stand up for a principle (as simple as the defending of
innocent children) that is opposed to the perceived thinking of Yaya, Baabaa
Jobe and former junta members. We have an unadulterated Dictatorship.
KB