GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:57:41 EST
Tony,
Thanks for that info. I remember the kind of supplement you are trying to
explain. It seems that it is the same as Pedialyte. Those things used to work
for us. In fact if it is the same thing, you are very right they could just
have recommended that instead of qualifying the use of expired ORS'. I know
that a mere normal saline and sterile water is not to be used after its
expiration date more over an oral consumption substance.
And you know one thing that stunned me most, the part of the story that said
that the Health Department has been dispensing expired drugs before receiving
the new stocks. I hope such things could be avoided. It is not only dangerous
to the patient, but it could be counter productive to the fighting of
disease/infection in a society.
Once again, thanks for that enlightenment.

Ousman Bojang