GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:48:32 -0800
    The arrests of Messrs. Halifa Sallah, Omar Jallow and Hamat Bah, all executive members of the coalition NADD party, is yet another barbaric and criminal act perpetrated by this lunatic, yahya jammeh and his evil regime. While many other gambians have become victims of yahya jammeh's terrorist and brutal acts dating back from Coro Ceesay's gruesome murder, the cold blooded killings of the members of the Gambia National Army incriminated in a false coup plot of November 1994 against AFPRC, by these selfish, power hungry and blood thirsty criminals of the then Provisional Ruling Council, the shoothing death of April 10 and 11 of 2000 of innocent students including a journalist, the arson attacks on the Independent media and its personnel, the attempted killing of Ousman Sillah, the shooting death of Dehda Hydara, the unlawful arrests, detentions, tortures, harrassments and violations of countless many more gambians' civil rights and non gambians alike, as we can go on and on down
 the list; the arrests of these three people came at a time when gambians are yearning and willing for change as they have now had enough of yahya's evil, and more importantly, gambians are becoming more and more aware of their rights as citizens who have the ultimate power to decide who should govern them and how they should be governed. I therefore condemn in the strongest and uncompromising terms, the unlawful arrests and detention of this trio just like all other past mad behaviours by yahya jammeh against his political opponents; and i am therefore calling on every gambian to to stand up to this challenge to rubbish this illegal move by this psycho, all as part of his sick attempts to curtail the growing popularity of NADD and the threat the NADD executive is posing to him. I am equally urging the international community to join gambians to demand and secure the immediate release of these people; and to stop the idiot from pepetrating such evils against his political opponents
 again. Under no circumstance should these people remain in detention any more longer for no reason.

  Yahya jammeh is living in a world of fantasy, but we gambians are all ears and all eyes. We will hold him accountable for each and every crime he has commited against Gambia and her citizenry. We only pray that yahya jammeh does not die in a sleep. Gambians want to capture yahya alive to have him answer for his crimes. God willing this day shall come! PAY BACK TIME for Gambians. yahya jammeh must prepare for the worst on this day.

  Yus.