GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:54:37 +0000
Folks, the corrupting of Gambians continues.  Should Gambians ask Yaya the
source of these resources he is distributing?  Should Gambians in the name
of religion, close their eyes to the fleecing of the nation?  Where are the
voices of descent about this outright bribe?  Is it because folks do not
want to offend Muslims in the country by calling the "benevolence",
corrupting and those that accept it the corrupted?  Should NADD challenge
Yaya as the leader of the corrupt pact?  If not, why not?

Folks, I think this blatant corrupting action by Yaya should be rejected
loudly by Gambians, especially the religious leaders and the elders in the
community, unless they do not believe Yaya is stealing from Gambians.  They
all know that Yaya did not patent anything in his sorry life and has no
known "rich uncle".  Up to ten years ago he could not treat his mouth sores,
much more giving anyone a cup of rice, so where does this wealth hail from?
What do the scriptures say about a thief robbing a nation then turn them
into beggars?  Folks, it is this "patron-client" relationship that is the
life blood of corruption in the Gambia - Yaya steals from the nation, and
folks keep quiet and others line in formation to receive trinkets from him,
in this case, in the name of religion.  Just using common sense, I bet you
no religion tells folks to accept charity from a thief under any
circumstances.  We can continue to create excuses as to why we continue to
accept the corrupting schemes of Yaya, but that in itself make us
collaborators in the fleecing of our nation.  As long as our appetite for
trinkets is insatiable, Yaya and his cronies will forever find a gimmick to
slide under us, and we in turn gladly accept it because we become very
dependent, exactly what he plans for us to be.  Please read on.

Jammeh gives out Ramadan gift
Written by DO
Wednesday, 19 October 2005
The annual distribution of rice and sugar on the occasion of the Holy Month
of Ramadan by President Jammeh will begin tomorrow Thursday at 10am at the
State House grounds.
National Assembly Members from Banjul, KMC, WD and NBD are requested to be
at the distribution points at State House.

Alkalolu, chiefs, youth leaders, campaign committee members, commissioners
and yai compins from Banjul, KMC, WD and NBD are also requested to be ther

Written by DO
Wednesday, 19 October 2005
The annual distribution of rice and sugar on the occasion of the Holy Month
of Ramadan by President Jammeh will begin tomorrow Thursday at 10am at the
State House grounds.
National Assembly Members from Banjul, KMC, WD and NBD are requested to be
at the distribution points at State House.

Alkalolu, chiefs, youth leaders, campaign committee members, commissioners
and yai compins from Banjul, KMC, WD and NBD are also requested to be ther

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい