GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 21:17:19 EDT
I want to begin by thanking each of you for all of your  support and
commitment over the last year. It has meant so much to Elizabeth and  me. We have been
very busy since January working on the causes that got us into  the campaign
in the first place -- helping to build the One America we all  believe in.

You may have heard me talk about one of those programs  called College for
Everyone -- a scholarship pilot project that Elizabeth and I  started a few
years ago in Greene County, North Carolina.

The program is  based on a simple promise to students: make good grades, work
at least 10 hours  a week, and stay out of trouble -- and the program will
help pay for your first  year of college. Since we launched this effort in 2005,
the percentage of Greene  County high school graduates attending college has
increased from 54 percent to  74 percent.

As I write you, 165 high school seniors in Greene County are  set to graduate
in May and 94% have been accepted into N.C. colleges and  universities. Most
of these young people are doing just what many of us did --  sitting around
the kitchen table with their parents, wondering how they will pay  for tuition.

Every parent wants to give their child the opportunity that  comes with a
college education. But for too many American families, the dream of  a college
degree is just that -- a dream. Now, I need your help to make the  dream of a
college education a reality for some hard-working students in rural  Greene
County.

_That's why  I need your help today_
(http://www.johnedwards.com/r/63044/746320/)  -- with a tax-deductible  donation of $10, $25, $50 or $75, whatever you
can afford -- to bring us one  step closer to our goal of College for
Everyone. By contributing now, you will  help fulfill the college dreams of deserving
students in Greene County and show  the world that if we work together on big
and important issues, change is  possible.

But change can only come with your help. _Please  contribute now_
(http://www.johnedwards.com/r/63045/746320/)  and bring us closer to building One
America where every child has the opportunity to go as far as his or her talents
and hard work will take them.

Thank you,

John Edwards

P.S.  Contributions made by Friday go towards scholarships for the students
graduating  in May. _Please  respond today._
(http://www.johnedwards.com/r/63046/746320/)

favorites at AOL Food.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい