GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:36:59 -0400
Mr. Owens:

Though Mr. Johnson's narration was correct, he slightly erred
in the process of dismissing Hon. Dembo Bojang.  SM did not
act alone.  This action was done through a unanimous vote by
the executive committee.

As an NCP supporter, I am caught in the middle.  Dembo, though
might not remember me, had sent me to the stores several times
during my summer holidays in Bakau.  I can vividly remember
Hon. Bojang coming out of a landover truck when he was an
employee of department of agriculture.  I hope the executive
committee recosiders this dismissal.

I am very down on this news.  I just cannot believe such an incident
happening.  If we could remember, Hon. Bojang at one time wanted
to join the PPP.  When this news became public, Bojang was confronted
with an angree crowd.  Some even threatened to kill him.

Knowing Bakau people, I can vouch that they have a candidate for the
NCP.  I hope when everything settles, we can come together as a
united opposition against the APRC government.  I hope those underground
are holding talks between UDP/PPP alliance and the rest of the
opposition.  We do not need any divisive politics to give us another
five years of terror.

Please let us pray.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh