GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
o9u6m o9u6m <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:53:35 -0800
Hello there,

Am not sure how many people will have access to this message, however,
numbers isn't the reason behind the thought of writing. Its indeed sad
the way the Gambian leader is treating our fellow citizens (all
inclusive) as if they're tools of choice. Meaning, he could choose to
walk up to the barn and choose a certain tool for a specific job, if
you're not the choice, sorry you cant show. Gambia is beyond such a
point and President Yahya Jammeh, whoever, he thinks he's should stop
living kingly 'cuz Gambia was, is and never will be a kingdom. Instead
adopt conscience and accept fact that this is a nation that belongs to
all of us, the truth in the latter is that we make it work and so it
gives us right to have a say on our psycho-social phenomenon.
Considering the leader he thinks he's, it depressing to realize that he
cant take criticism, you do that; you belong to one of the two groups:
enemy or dead meat. Its all the more reason he instituted the the Police
Intervention Unit. They abuse civility like they made it, yet the govt.
feels content about this. I sit here, evaluate the state of affairs of
my country I bow in shame 'cuz here I am enjoying the freedom and will
someone made whilst my very own is non-existent. I am not scared of
Yahya, I had written several communique to him that I disagree with the
way the govt. is run. Being out here serves two things, the opportunity
to be heard and staying safe from my stingy piece of mind. Yes! I am a
coward and it sure one part of the tape measure that indicates how far
peace and progress goes. Yahya Jammeh is underdeveloping the country
since the very first day he illegally stepped into that office. What
gave him the right to retribute and imprison aborted coup leaders, when
he did just that? The arrests and detention of NADD leaders is deeply
disturbing, the death of Koro Sisay is still a bone in my throat.
There's is nothing like think, the president should be brought before
law courts to explain to Gambians how a cabinet member died like that.
No investigation, vague and inconclusive explanation surrounding his
death, he probably conducted a hushed autopsy himself - if any. Then
came April 20th, student demo, that claimed about 14 young innocent
lives, instead of empathizing or apologizing to parents and family
members, the govt. used their kingly platform to blame the students for
their deaths. Now what kind of govt. would do such a thing when in the
actually they were sworn to protect the very humanity they're
disrespecting? It kills me trying to figure out the sort of thought
process being executed in a bid to serve Gambians in the positive. His
govt. increased ferry tariffs causing the border impasse yet he pinned
the problem to being the opposition. Yahya is more suited in a military
dictatorship or kingdom 'cuz he doesnt even understand the doctrines of
democractic principles. He gives them his own interpretation to divert
concern and attention as to how much he really knows about it. Anyways,
its about time there comes change, beginning with our National Assembly.
All those trees and herbs need to go and bring in fresh young blood
willing to make change. This is our chance to end Yahya's rant and
effort of building an empire in Kanilai. Before he came to power kanilai
never had a light. You wanna tell me, his salary built what we now see
in Kanalai? Well you tell me 'cuz I am at a lost and tell well you
shall. Anyways I am so clueless as to what we can do to breathe in new
fresh air. Time has proven that he's not the answer to our presence and
future. We've been complacent enough with his tyranny and intolerable
twisted ego. This is my piece of mind, not what I call the best
representation of what everyone feels or thinks of what things should
be. But give it a minute and distinguish yourself within it and see
where you are - you don't have to though.
Ebrima Badjie Badjie (Borry Abrahams).

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい