GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SULAYMAN BAJO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:54:54 -0700
Joe, what would it take for the Gambian Organization
of OHIO to be part of MGA? We have not been mentioned
and I think we are in Mid-West. Infact Dr. Saine is an
active member of "GOO".

Thanks
Sulayman

--- Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P>Folks, the Midwest Gambian Association (MGA) will
host their 3rd annual conference on Saturday and
Sunday, September 1st and 2nd.&nbsp;&nbsp;
</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">The MGA is a
consortium of Gambian Associations in the Midwest,
namely:</P></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<P>The Gambian Association of Chicago, Illinois;</P>
<P>The Gambian Association of Minneapolis,
Minnesota;</P>
<P>The Senegambian Association of Madison,
Wisconsin;</P>
<P>The Gambian Association of Detroit, Michigan;
and</P>
<P>The Gambian Association of Kansas Ci</FONT><FONT
face="Times New Roman">ty, Kansas.</P></FONT><FONT
face="Times New Roman"></FONT><FONT face="Times New
Roman">
<P>The highlight of the weekend&nbsp;is the
<U>Conference</U>. The theme for this year’s
conference is "<B><I>Gambia: Economy and Political
Climate in the 21st Century" </B></I>and it will be in
the form of a panel discussion on the economics and
politics of The Gambia. The Panelists will include,
The Resident Economist of The Gambia at the World
Bank, Jan Van Houtte, Dr. Abdoulie Saine, Political
Science Professor, and Dr.Michael Gomez, Professor of
Business Management and Organizational Behavior, and a
former officer of The Gambian Association of Chicago.
</P>
<P>Below is a tentative schedule of te weekend
events:</P>
<P>Saturday September 1st 2001</P>
<P>10:00 am – 2:30 pm Conference</P></FONT><FONT
face="Times New Roman"></FONT><FONT face="Times New
Roman">
<P>9:00 pm – 3:00 am Dance Gala</P>
<P>Sunday September 2nd 2001</P>
<P>11:00&nbsp;am – 8:00 pm Family Picnic and Soccer
Tournament </P>
<P>Teams: Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Madison,
Kansas, Senegalese, and Ivorians.</P>
<P>All are invited.</P>
<P>Chi Jaama</P>
<P>Joe Sambou</P>
<P>&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
</P></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer
at <a

if you have problems accessing the web interface and
remember to write your full name and e-mail address.