GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:46:35 -0800
Yero wrote:

"Ceesay's commentary is not in line with my arguement. I hope he will correct his'.Besides, where in my thread did i quote you?

You right. You didn't quote Haruna anywhere in your write-up. However the issue at hand then was the allegation that Haruna refered to Chicago' south side as "shit-side". You chimed in with what you now called a "tease". Here is what I quoted out of that writeup:

"Lastly, Haruna missed the beauty of Chicago when he had an opportunity to grace UGAMA on Labor Day (September 2007) at the mid-west conference. He was no where to be seen or heard on the phone despite numerous fruitless efforts, but those that did will not tease at Chicago in the way he did."

What I get out of that quote is that, those who attended the UGAMA conference will not tease Chicago the way Haruna did.(remember that he is alledged to have called chicago shit side). I am kinda slow...so you've got to help me understand how I read that out of context. My comprehension skills are not sharp but I don't think I malign you in any form.

If it is a joke, then blame my sense of humor; for I didn't read it that way.

Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Bro Haruna,

Thanks for threading with me. Don't forget you are threading with your little student.

I am not familiar with the said conference. No idea whatsoever!

Once you have time, please read Dr. Pinkney's commentaries. He is a good friend of mine, so humble and African spirited.

On the other hand, too much is being read from my usage of the word 'tease'. Doesn't the word tease suggest it is a joking matter? Besides, it's context would suggest to any reading well into my thread that I was pulling your legs in that part, jokingly. Ceesay's commentary is not in line with my arguement. I hope he will correct his' . Besides, where in my thread did i quote you? I will love to see that.

Thanks though. I will make myself very clear.

See part three soon.

urs in Kin
Yero.

 obvious!!> > I goggled some of his comments and please read:> > http://www.blackcommentator.com/217/217_obama_trojan_horse_great_white_hope_pi> nkney_guest.html> > http://www.izania.com/articles/political/black-america%27s-legacy-of-struggle/> > See part two of my rejoinder soon, also would be reply to Ousman Ceesay.> > Regards,> Yero. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:54:20 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> > Subject: Re: John Edwards/ Haruna/Jabou/Yero.> To: [log in to unmask]> > > > Yero my friend,> > You missed a wonderful opportunity to earn your stripes > as a prolific > journalist worth admiration. I want to thank you for your > regard of me as I hold > you in equal esteem. What you failed to do was to assist > Jabou in recognizing > where I called the southside of Chicago as > "Shitside". You did not share with > us where I did, nor did you advise due-diligence > and honour in community. > Allah would have loved you for it. We must not
 > worry too much about Haruna for > his life is an open book for all to see and > comment on. Our individual > relations with Allah and Community hold more > gravitasse and hope for our own > salvations. I am a bit disappointed in you too. I > am not sure why you found it > valuable to drag Ousman's name in your > "mediation". Ousman is a solid Human. He has > demonstrated that to us all. Ousman > will not malign any in this community > for expediency sakes. I advise you > forgive his name from soil.> > Your "friend" Haruna. I encourage you to work > further to stand up for truth > for life's worth. For Rabbil Aalameen sakes.> > > In a message dated 12/17/2007 12:40:34 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, > > [log in to unmask] writes:> > > Sister Jabou & Ousman,> > Ousman, greetings > there! I keenly followed the debate of my friend Haruna. I > think that he is too > much into this Edwards fellow to an extent, far in his > support of him-'el > d' gore.' Having said that, he
 deserves a pardon from both > you and Jabou. > If Haruna were of the Black Panthers like my friend, Dr. > Larry Pinkney, that > would have been another excuse I would take from him, for the > later > alleged of Obama’s pretentious black blood but dines the opposite. > Further that > he boycotted their rallies. I will check my archives to forward the > said > piece which I didn’t end up publishing. But it is obvious if Obama > joins them > in their activism, there is a tendency to loose the opposites' support > > today. So he (Obama) is playing his politics well. > > On the other hand, Haruna’> s John Edward Darboe won’t make a bad president > like some of the world’s > characters observed, notably Bush and Blair moving > the world to wars. That’s > a complete turn-off. > > In my view, Obama is a hope for liberation for both > the minorities and the > many others trapped in the ‘color’ panorama. The > latest smear campaign > against the guy about attending
 â€˜dara’ at younger > age, or being from a Muslim > family is in fact a plus to the guy. The Clinton > Campaign is not scoring points > with it. In fact, hardly will any listen to > them. If such is to be raised at > all, then that would violate the very > religious tolerance they are preaching. > It brings to memory our Muslim brother > in Congress from Minnesota whose > records of modesty is in the open-The > Honorable Keith Ellision (May God prolong > his life.) The US congress came to > disarray upon his decision to take oath > using the Holy Quran then. The ‘> storms in the tea-cups’ then were not justified > because what you believe in, > take oath with it. > > Lastly, Haruna missed the beauty of Chicago when he had > an opportunity to > grace UGAMA on Labor Day (September 2007) at the mid-west > conference. He was no > where to be seen or heard on the phone despite > numerous fruitless efforts, > but those that did will not tease at Chicago in the > way he
 did. > > So my challenge to him is to layout John Edward Darboe’s plan > of actions.> > Otherwise, thanks for the debate, and all three of you have > some educative > points.> > Regards, > Yero. > > > > > > Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 > 13:39:50 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: > John Edwards/ > Haruna/Jabou.> To: [log in to unmask]> > Amen, Ms > Jabou you said it all.> > > > -----Original Message-----> From: [log in to unmask]> > To: > [log in to unmask]> Sent: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 8:11 am> Subject: Re: > John Edwards/ > Haruna/Jabou.> > > > Haruna,> I have to confess that you lost > my interest when > you delved into "Chicago > hitside" Chicago shitside?> ren't > you just a > tad bit angry for a discussion that is supposed to help you > in > friends and > influence people on behalf of the candidate you profess to > > upport?> fter > reading your last response, I had a hard time trying to discern > whether > > ours was a personal anger towards Barack
 Obama because he was of mixed > > race, > ttended Harvard and was president of the Harvard Law Review, or was a > > community > rganizer in the South side of Chicago and failed to include all > > the Ghettos in > he United States in that effort and you think all of these > > are supposed to be > ndictments against him or if your truly feel that the > > way to promote Edwards > as to drag his opponents in the gutter?> I > guarantee > you that if you ran your response by any camp of the Edwards > ampaign, > they > would have asked you not to post it.> have never seen John Edwards > drag his > opponents reputation or record in the > utter because he is > intelligent enough > to know that this is hardly a way to win > otes and that people > are sick and > tired of this sort of senseless tirades.> ohn Edwards speaks > about how in his > youth, he witnessed lawyers and judges in > is native South > Carolina> > > stand up against racism during the civil rights era and how > they
 risked their > > ives and had to be escorted to work by Federal Marshalls > and yet, they kept > > n. He speaks of the admiration he had for these people > standing up against > > acism. He would not wonder if people would vote for > Obama because he is of > > ixed race.> Edwards may have sued insurance > companies and won some > judgements against them, > ut that has not resulted in any > changes that prevent > insurance companies > inding loopholes to pay out > claims. Just ask the victims of > Katrina.> nd the case for which Edwards won > the largest judgement was for a > family whose > hild got her hair or was it a > limb caught in the drainage > system of a swimming > ool.> What supporters of > the various candidates should > concentrate on is to present > hat their > candidate can do for the people when > elected so they can convince > oters that > they are the right person and how they > do t hat matters a great > eal. > Engaging in maligning the other candidate >
 as a strategy to win supporters > > ever works and tends to be symptomatic of > some personal issue the those who > > ngage in it may have. Also, when > supporters engage in the latter, they > become > iabilities as opposed to being assets.> > ake it easy Haruna, rage > does not draw in people, it makes them head in the > > pposite direction and it > is bad for the heart. It is the people who will > have > he last word.> ow, I > shall leave you to it.> abou > > > -----Original > Message-----> rom: Haruna > Darbo > o: > [log in to unmask]> ent: Sun, > 16 Dec 2007 6:44 pm> ubject: Re: John Edwards/ > Haruna/Jabou.> > > > > > > > Haruna," Jabou.> Yes Ma'am, hope all's well. Good to hear > you again.> > Too > long winded so I will be brief." Jabou.> > cannot for the > life of me, > believe mine own ears. Jabou? Dis-ease for > ong-windedness? As > Rocco Mediate is > wont to quip of Tiger, If there ever were a > > ood time to > die, I'm red to > go. Jabou, I'm extremely
 sorry for my long winds. > I will have > been > remiss were I not to have been comprehensive with your > ueries of John > > Edwards. In addition, I intended to share other value-added > rocess for > > discernment.> > remmembered a good friend of mine, Corporate attorney Charles > > McClure > hared, "Haruna, our job is to discourage our clients' customers from > > desiring > etail and comprehension without running roughshod to minimalist > > law. My > lients include Insurance Agencies and multi-national corporations". > > The ones > ho > eem to own just about everything Jabou. "And, when it comes > to > any challenge > n courts of law, we encourage fellow corporate attorneys > and > judges, to > eview the entire constitution, ammendments, and precedent > law". > I knew the > reat > harles was unto something. This is exactly the > reason > why John Edwards > hooses cases carefully for advocacy sakes. I enjoy > your long > winds from Foroyaa > > abou. I know you were being
 sarcastic > but it struck > me befuddled.> > ow then.> > Just a few important points." > Jabou.> > es. > Let'r Rip!> > Edwards fought corporate America on behalf of his > clients as a > litigation > ttorney." Jabou.> > ndeed. John Edwards challenged > the parts of law > that Insurance and drug > ompanies relied on to stifle > claims for errors and > omissions. Indeed. Indeed. > ohn Edwards litigated > profusely and with all his > might, for his clients, the > lliterate of law, the > powerless to challenge > wrongdoing, and in the process, > e forced > clarifications of hitherto > un-interpreted law to yield precedent > hat discouraged > the culprit corporations and > other from taking refuge in > mbiguity. I am > sorry Jabou. Sometimes you must > be long-winded to yield value > ontext and > comprehension. I am told long > directional winds can be harnessed > or > > nergy.> > When he won on behalf of > those clients, he was paid very well for his > > fforts." Jabou.> >
 would suppose > so. Lawyers, like carpenters, doctors, > masons, engineers, > nd dishwashers, > must receive value for effort and > productivity. John Edwards > id not choose > to litigate just any infringement. > The ones he chose to > itigate have > national and constitutional dimensions. > His remuneration came > rom > hatever the > judge determines is just penalty > or compensation for victims and > heir > advocate lawyer. The fees for > lawyers are communicated to their clients > rior to > representation. They are > normally a percentage of the settlement or > enalty > for corporate wrongdoing. > Whether John Edwards was paid very well or > ot, is > not terribly > significant to me. Whatever he was paid, he invested > eavily in > his foundations (the > poverty center, One America, The Ninth ward of > ew > Orleans, Carolina's > poor and dispossessed. All while his wife Libby was > nder > doctor's care for > terminal illness. Barak, like his wife, is an > ccomplished >
 lawyer. They > chose to side with corporate interests that John > dwards > erves > notice to. > Comparative values my dear.> > He did not offer his services > gratis when > he sued those corporations." > abou.> > should think not. Besides he > has his > wife's medical bills to pay and his > hildren to raise. Further, were > he > to have lost any of the cases, he will not > ave been compensated for his > > fees were reliant on his victory over evil and > urisprudent compensation > > therefrom. That is why John Edwards represented > he indigent and those of > > lesser means than his fees would require. He was > onfident in the victory of > > good over evil, and he took enormous risks of loss.> > Perhaps you can share > > with us the major changes that came about as a result > f Edwards winning > these > lawsuits." Jabou.> > 'm sorry I must be long to do your query justice > my > Jabou.> > . When we desire democracy, whose cardinal tenet is The rule > of common > > aw, we
 desire that the common comprehends law that contains the > rights and > > rivileges whose aversion by other should trigger judicious > challenge. In a > > ociety where there are some (possibly one partner to that > law), who are > > blivious > o this rule of law and democracy indigents harp > on about. That is > where the > eed for lawyers comes in. They are the bedrock > of due-diligence > and > emocracy. John Edwards being a lawyer, > intrinsically accrues value to > any > ociety > n which he practices.> > . Lawyers > choose from several areas of > practice. Not all lawyers choose > ases for > advocacy for the indigent. John > Edwards chose advocacy law. He is > aluable to > democracy and equal justice > under the law.> > . When John Edwards wins his > cases, a precedent in law is > established so > hat no matter which of the > contiguous United States including > Hawaii that are > artner to the constitution, > may rely on such precedent. That > assists in > iscouraging
 fraudulent > practice by rogue corporations who seem > to own just > bout > verything.> > . > Jabou, you and I, though never among > John Edwards' direct clientele, are > > urrently benefitting from John Edwards' > legal victories. For the specific > > aws and precedent, I refer you to the > public records of John Edwards' > cases.> > Speaking of votes that have had a major > impact on American lives, I > would > ay none top that list more than the Iraq > war." Jabou.> > ow do you > mean??? I beg to differ. I do agree that the senate > of which John > dwards was > a part, approved a military campaign to apprehend > Saddam and > ring him to > answer to charges of mass murder and belligerent > foreboding. Many > > raquis, Iranians, and Kuwaitis lost their lives and > liberties at the hand of > > addam. Perhaps I would agree with you that the campaign > was badly > > rosecuted. For which Edwards cannot be to blame. He saw fit > however, to > pologise > for > hatever part he
 may have played in the cantankerous > prosecution of a > > ampaign of conscience. A Solid Human. I make no apologies > for John > Edwards.> > and Edwards voted for the war" Jabou.> > ohn Edwards voted > along with > his coleagues to approve a military campaign > n Iraq. Not for > the Iraq > war we now witness. He is being magnanimous in > emorse of poor > prosecution > of the campaign. I would like John Edwards to > pprove > military > campaign > against me in that manner. And I will not require apology > f him.> > and > > it has impacted American lives as well altered how America is viewed > y the > > World forever." Jabou.> > ndeed. Anything America does, impacts on the lives > > of Americans and world > itizens in a big way. That is why circumspect and > > due-diligence is advised in > rosecutions of campaigns.> > Haruna, your > > amazingly harsh rhetoric against Obama is bordering on the > swift boat" > strategy > of the last elections." Jabou.> > am not familiar with
 the Swift Boat > > incident. I therefore do not consider > t in demarches. I am sorry you > regard our > exchange here as harsh rhetoric > gainst Obama for on mine own part, > I know no > personal cause to spurn at him, > ut for the general. Besides, > in my effort > to solicit support for John > dwards, it will be utterly > foolhardy to offend > other, including Obama. You and > I > ust leave open, the > prospect of future > collaboration between John Edwards and > arack Obama. > Here, we engage in > studious discernments and recognition of > omparative > values. I advice temperance > toward John Edwards.> > you don't want the angry > label being made against > your candidate to be true > or his supporters." > Jabou.> > hould the angry label > be self-fulfilling against John Edwards, We will > > nvent commensurate > compassion and understanding. We are children of > God/Allah. > > abbil Aalameen.> > > Enough of negative campaigning already! > Another reason why Obama is a
 > reath > of fresh air?" Jabou.> > ndeed Obama is a > breath of fresh air. John Edwards > is Freshivating.> > Have a good weekend." > Jabou.> > hank you my sister. As if > Allah was aware of your prayer. I made > merry and > roduced value for other > this weekend. I pray for your glorious > sustenance > ll weekends. Thank you for > the prayer.> > our bestest > brother, Haruna.> -----Original Message-----> > rom: Haruna Darbo > > o: [log in to unmask]> ent: > Sat, 15 Dec 2007 3:54 pm> > ubject: Re: John Edwards/ Haruna> > > > > > > "Haruna," Jabou.> > es Darling, how > are you. I like the way you speak and what you > say always. > ou have an > immensely powerful voice fertilized, as our friend > Karim is > ont > o > drammatize, by prolific study, acumen, and measured tone. > Any candidate > ould like > to have your support. I'm not giving up on Ousman > either. I love > im > > very much. Just don't get any funny ideas Ousman.> "I do > not know that what > Edwards
 can represent to the American people is > ot the > same as what Obama > will." Jabou.> I was under the same impressions too. Then I > began a study > of senators who > ater run for President in a revolutionarily > different way > that reviews > arginal values. There is a wealth of information > that when > properly > eviewed > r > eviewed in the directions of questions one > might > have when making marginal > istinction assessments, you will come > away with > a benign but discerning > onclusion. If you review the matters/bills > that > Clinton, Obama, and > dwards > ave > ffered votes on in the senate, (not > the > ones Obama and Clinton > onveniently > bsented themselves on for > > expediency sakes), you can draw important > emographic information from their affect > > on Americans, both in quantity > nd > uality > hat has brought me to the > > conclusion that Edwards is a more valuable > hange to > more Americans than > > either Obama or Clinton. I had also come to the
 > onclusion that Obama will > be a > more valuable change to immigrant Americans > han > ither Edwards or > Clinton, > and that Clinton is the hungriest of them all to > > ecome > President. Take a > look at how many bills Obama and Clinton absented > hemselves > from voting on > and find out what those bills are. Then look at > he > ills > > ll three voted > on and you will notice that Edwards never absented himself > > rom voting on > critical and significant matters as well as those matters > > hat > re > politically inexpedient to vote on. A solid human.Let us know how > your > eview looks > like.> "Also, I do not think that there is any > indication that Obama beileves > in > eligion as other than a moral compass." Jabou.> > Probably not and I did > not qualify Obama's belief in that realm. I shared > > dwards' belief in the > realm.> bama had recognized the value of religious > congregations and the almost > > omplete patronage of evangelists by > Republicans. Given
 his political > > ndustriousness, he embarked on a campaign to > wrest a slice of this section > f > > ociety > rom Republicans and rightly so. I > happen to believe that you neither > court > or discount the religious > evangelist vote. You allow them to choose > > ithout > iving the facade of their > participation as a group in governance > and > dministration of the state. An > active campaign to woo them trends too > > losely > o > uid-pro-quo and if > you do not deliver their perceived quid, > they can > everely > align your > administration. Only a seasoned governor and > policy-maker can > ecognize these > subtle flaws in character. Because as you > know, the > vangelists > are > active voters and they vote in order to skew public > policy in favour of > > > heir religion. They do not hide their intentions and > motives. It takes a > > trong character to resist the temptation to maligned > judgement. When you > sk > > bama, he frames his responses this way:> We have
 to > show America that > Democrats too care about religion". That > tatement itself > says a lot about > his dispensation. Jabou, I know that you > re a > devout > muslim. Have you > ever felt like you have to show me and Suntou and > alanding > how much you > care about Islam? If you begin to run for President, > nd > you > then embark on > an active campaign to show us how much you care about > slam, > > hether > that is good or not, would it not give me pause in distinctions? Our > > riend > Ousman shared that Obama fought for the downtrodden in the south side > > f > Chicago. I will share more on this later but that southside vote was > > hat > > ained Obama the state seat against an incumbent democrat, also African > > > merican. When you delve deeper into Obama's activities in South Chicago, > ou > > > ill come to the realisation that there are other communities in Chicago > > > hat > ere down-trodden for one reason or the other. But Obama chose these > > other >
 own-trodden people of South Chicago. Edwards running as senator in > North > > arolina fought for the down-trodden in other areas of North > Carolina, > > outh > arolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Massachussetts, > Alabama, and > > alifornia. > peak with Jimmy Carter and ask him to share his views > on Obama > and > dwards. He > will tell you he loves both of them but that > Edwards is > more valuable to > ll > merica than Obama. It is not because > Edwards is white > and more Americans > re white that is why we say this. It is > because of the > quality of his > alues > nd since African Americans are > disproportionately > disenfranchised in all > tates, they received the value of > Edwards' efforts more > than Whites. > dwards > oes not apologise for that. > When the question arose in > one of the debates > bout > bama being black and > Clinton being a woman, John > Edwards responded, and in > > ublic, that whoever > does not vote for Obama > because he is black, or
 > linton > ecause she is a > woman, he, John Edwards does > NOT want your vote. Now the > ntrained eye > will view this as political > suicide and indeed it costed > dwards > ome white > support because they began > labelling him as an angry candidate. > f > > ourse they cannot make a distinction > between anger and passion and half of > > hose idiots belong in an insane asylum > anyways, we just don't have a > > omprehensive mental health intitution in the > US that is why some of these > > etards > ind their way on talk shows and > radio programs and TV interviews. > Obama > as a > een eye on the Presidency, has > had even before the "grassroots > downtrodden > dvocacy" in SOuth Shitown.> "As > for being beholden to > corporate America, well, all American presidents > re > somewhat beholden to > corporate America, and the difference is perhaps > ust > > matter of degrees." > Jabou.> Let us say you are right in the immediate above. > You are therefore > > dmitting > hat
 corporate America does command inordinate > and a formidable > power to > oerce American Presidents. The same will > therefore be true of > Evangelic > merica. Now Edwards actually challenged the powers > of corporate > America in > he > court of law and won overwhelmingly. He > therefore helped stem > the cancer in > orporate America and enhanced the good in it > for the > prosperity of America. > n > his campaign speeches when he ran with > Kerry and > now, he has always served > otice that he is immune to corporate > control, no > matter how formidable that > ay > be. And another thing. I think > your > recognition that both Edwards and Obama > ill represent refreshing change > in the > American Presidency gives you hope > hat > the two will be different > from > past American Presidents. We all therefore > ake solace in the idea of an > > Edwards or Obama Presidency. You will however > > gree with me that in > > America, Just being President does not innoculate the >
 rdinary American from the > > relentl;ess onslaught of Pharmaceutical and > ther > orporate interests. We > > must therefore go further than just the Presidency > f > t > s the > refreshing > change we are really interested in. It has come to light > hat most of > Obama's > advisors are leftover Clinton advisors. You may > emmember > hen > one of > those advisors disrespectfully tried to malign the former > resident > Bill > Clinton. And Obama shared with us that the former Clinton > dvisor was > > peaking of > his past relations with Bill Clinton and therefore he, Obama > is > ot privy > to that and cannot say anything on it. And the former Clinton > > dvisor is now > an Obama advisor. Discernments. I also would like our > > rother > nd > riend > Ousman to share with us one tangible value accrued from > Obama's > campaign for > down-trodden votes in south SHitown". It is evident > that the > nited > teel > workers of America, The united Mine Workers of the > same nation,
 The > > arpenters Union, and many more see more value in John > Edwards than Obama, > linton, > or other. Is there a national union of the > un-employed of South > hicago? We > > ay be presented with mirages of "grassroots > campaign for votes" and > > grassroots conscientious advocacy".> "Having > said that, Obama has spoken out > against the insurance companies who > re at > the top of the food chain when it > comes to corporate America because > hey > own just about everything." Jabou.> > Exactly my point Jabou. First, you should > never speak against any corporate > r > individual interest because they own > just about everything. That is the > > rong impetus. Now John Edwards did > not stop at speaking out against rogue > > orporate policies, he challenged > them in courts on the behalf of Americans > nd > > overcame their enormous > powers. He is only a lawyer as was Obama. Has Obama > > > iled suit against any > rogue corporate policy on the behalf of the common > >
 merican? Those > insurance companies he "spoke out against", has he > > hallenged > hem > n a court of > law on the merits or demerits of his disdain of them? > Obama > as head of > the Harvard Law Review. If Obama finds himself in a > situation > here > > vote-counting can yield a loss of his election to a Republican > candidate, > hat > do you think will happen? What do you think Obama will do?> > "You are > right, I like both Edwards and Obama, and I think that Edwards is > > > reat > candidate, but I do not think that he will win the primaries." Jabou.> > I think > you are looking at the polls of those who view Edwards as an angry > > > andidate. Look deeper and follow the citizens of Iowa, New Hampshire, > outh > > > arolina, and Nevada. We are talking about primaries aren't we???? Check > > > round your neck of the woods around Cleveland Tennessee, Chattanooga, > > emphis, > > ashville, Jackson, Milan, etcetera. Let us know what you find out.> "He > > is good but
 America sees him as having been part of the old > stablishment > > even if only because he ran before." Jabou.> I know you're just being > > sarcastic here. Who among all candidates, > epublican or Democratic, has not been > > part of the old Establishment. Don't > e > wayed > y cliches of these > lunatics > who fell through the administrative cracks for > ack of enough space > at > rehab.> "I think Obama on the other hand stands a very good chance of > winning the > > rimaries and Americans are angry enough at the republicans so > that none of > > heir candidates stands a chance in the national elections, no > matter who > > hey > re." Jabou.> Indeed Jabou. I agree with you. Obama does > stand a very > good chance of > inning at least one of the primaries if not > all. As far as the > anger of > mericans > t Republicans, I presume you share > that all the > democratic candidates > tand > qual chances when pitted > against a Republican. We can > all cherish that but > et
 us focus for now on the > voting democrats for the > democratic primaries. > hat we are trying to > discern is "EDwards, Obama, or > Clinton, who represents > he > most valuable and > desirable change for > Democratic Americans". After the > rimaries, we will > change our effort by removing the > word democratic from > ur > uery.> "So a > wonderful and winning strategy for > Democrats this time would be an > > bama/Edwards ticket." Jabou.> That > wouldn't be a bad ticket either. If that ends > up being the ticket it > ould be > formidable. It will be more formidable > against the Republicans in > ll > f America > if it turns out to be > Edwards-Biden, Edwards-Clinton, > dwards-Obama, or > Edwards-Gore. What do you think????> > "Together, they can restore the hopes of > the people and make great headway > > owards reversing the damage that the last 8 > years of a Bush > > dministration > as done" Jabou.> Anything is a refreshing > change from the last 8 years > of
 cluelessness.> "Thanks for providing the link > to Ousman's blog, I had > not known of it > efore. As for Andrew Young Ousman, > he dances to the music > of corporate > merica > and so he has to pay the > piper so no surprises > there. He has now made a > areer > f leading the pillagers > and plunderers into > Africa. Dr King is no doubt > urning in his grave." > Jabou.> This is not > fair. I have contributed in forming a comprehensive alliance > > gainst my > person and Edwards' person. This is not fair Jabou and Ousman. > > he > wo of you > simply are too overwhelming even if I summon the entire > essence > f my > > very being. Please have mercy on me from here on in or pledge not > to gang up > > gainst me and Edwards.> "Jabou" > What Friggin-ever. You mean > Jabou and > Ousman, don't you?? Whew. New > ambians!!> Haruna.> > > ----Original > > Message-----> rom: Haruna Darbo > o: > > [log in to unmask]> ent: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:26 pm> ubject: Re: John Edwards/
 Haruna> > > > > > > > Jabou, you know you are beautiful. I can never get upset at you.> > > I think you like both John Edwards and Obama, but that you like Obama more > > > ecause his election will represent much needed change.> Would you consider > > that the election of John Edwards will also represent > hange?> The work > > therefore is in discerning between John Edwards and Obama, who is > he more > > desirable change!!!> Now, like you about John Edwards, I like Obama a lot > because I > think he is > rilliant, popular, and his election will give hope > to a lot of > Immigrant > mericans.> John Edwards not only represents hope > for more > Americans than Obama, he has > > hown the value of the change that > he may accrue > us. I have not had the > pportunity to witness a sampling of > Obama's change > except that he looks > ifferent > rom past presidents.> John > Edwards' One Americ> a Foundation offers some hope.> ohn Edwards' rebuilding > efforts in the Lower > Ninth
 ward offer hope in what > > merica can be.> ohn > Edwards fought with > Huge corporate outfits on the behalf of regular > nd > > ommon Americans, and John > Edwards and Obama are both lawyers.> enator John > Edwards of North carolina > will get dirty for you and with you.> orth > Carolina used to be the home of > Senator Jesse Helms.> ohn Edwards enjoys > enormous peer support and the most > endorsements from > emocratic governors of > states than either Obama or Clinton.> > ohn Edwards is more electable across the > United states than any candidate > > urrently seeking the presidency, > Republican or Democrat. Check the stats.> > ibby Edwards is beautiful and is not > beholden to corporate America. Mrs. > bama > is beautiful but may be beholden to > corporate America. She sits on > he > > board of Walmart.> ohn Edwards is > handsome and is not given to religious > distinctions nor > oes > e believe > religion ought to be mixed with governance. John > Edwards > elieves > n
 > Religion as moral and ethical compass, not > administrative compass.> Obama is good. > John Edwards is more valuable to all America. > Edwards-Obama > ay be > formidable. What do you think my dear? Lemme know, Lemme > know!! You > now > > usman is an Obama-head!!! Don't you??> Your friend and > colleague Haruna. > In a > message dated 12/13/2007 8:40:01 P.M. Mountain Standard > Time, > > [log in to unmask] writes:> Haruna,> I both like and have a great deal of > respect for John > Edwards and his wife > lizabeth for many reasons, some of > which are > mentioned below. However, > > m > n Obama supporter myself. I also > think Obama > has a better chance of > eing > lected because among other > things, he is seen > as the "change" candidate > y > country that desperately needs > change and > Hillary ain't it. Infact, I > hink Hillary has turned into a "snake > oil > sales lady" and she is > verything to > everyone in her zeal to be > president > and I do not trust her at all
 and the > est of the country is beginning > to > see through her. I think that Edwards' > est > shot will be as a V.P for > > Obama. I think together they would make an > wesome > eam.> ow, now, don't get > > too upset.> abou> > > > > ----Original Message-----> rom: Haruna Darbo > > > o: [log in to unmask]> ent: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 > > 6:49 pm> ubject: I wish to share John Edwards with you:> > > > > > e just > > concluded another conference call with David Medina, the national > > > ampaign > director for John Edwards.> We are excited about the prospects for a John > Edwards > Presidency. We are > leased to have the support of Harry Belafonte > and Danny > Glover in South > arolina. Our gratitude to the United Steel > workers Union, > The Mine > orkers > Union, > he Carpenters Union, and Friends > of the Earth > Action Network. I am proud > f > ohn Edwards' performance in > the just concluded > democratic candidate > ebate > > ponsored by the Des > Moines Register.
 John > Edwards is humble, intelligent, > nd > tands up for the > Common American even > on unpopular issues. He has vision > > nd > haracter, > attributes that are > extremely valuable to American foreign > olicy > nd > stature in the world.> We > would like volunteers to assist in South Carolina, > Iowa, Nevada, and > ew > > Hampshire. We also wish to ask for your financial > support if your time > ill > ot > allow volunteering. Please visit us at > _http://www.johnedwards.com_ > > http://www.johnedwards.com) and thank you for > your support and company > oward > > > ne-America.> Haruna.> > > > > *************************************See AOL's > top rated recipes > http://food.aol.> > com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)> > ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤> o > unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of > postings, go to the Gambia-L Web > > nterface> t: >
 http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html> To Search in the > Gambia-L archives, go to: > > http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l> o contact the List > Management, please send an e-mail to:> > [log in to unmask]> > > ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤> > > > > > > _______________________________________________________________________> ore new > features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail ! - > > ttp://webmail.aol.com> > o > unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go > to the Gambia-L Web > > nterface> t: > http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html> To Search > in the Gambia-L archives, go to: > > http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l> o contact the List Management, please > send an e-mail > to:> [log in to unmask]> > > > >
 ________________________________________________________________________> More new features than > ever. > Check out the new AOL Mail ! - http://webmail.aol.com> > > > ����������������������������������������������������������> To > > unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web > > interface> at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html> > To Search > > in the Gambia-L archives, go to: > > http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l> To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to:> > > [log in to unmask]> > > ����������������������������������������������������������> > > _________________________________________________________________> Share life as it happens
 with the > new Windows Live.> > http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_122007> > > > > > > **************************************See > AOL's top rated recipes > > (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)> > ������������������������������������������> ����������������> To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of > postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface> at: > http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html> > To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: > http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l> To contact the List Management, > please send an e-mail to:> [log in to unmask]> > ����������������������������������������������������������> >
 _________________________________________________________________> Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!> http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_dec> > > > > > > **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes > (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)> > ����������������������������������������������������������> To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface> at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html> > To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l> To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to:> [log in to unmask]>
 ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½>
i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect

http://gambian.blogspot.com