GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ylva Hernlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:09:12 -0800
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:20:03 -0800
From: Abu-Hassan Koroma <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [african2000] www.africanartville.org

Dear Friends:

We are inviting you to visit African Artville at www.africanartivlle.or
g.  At African Artville, you will visit with one of the World's
renowned Batik Artists, Sierra Leonean born Francis Johnson.  You will
also see some of my own artworks.  We are encouraging all subscribers
to introduce their national artists to the forum via African Artville.

The concept behind African Artville is simple: A virtual African Art
University where every country is a department. Our aim is to showcase
artists from the various African countries and the Diaspora.  We would
be grateful if our brothers and sisters from Haiti, Jamaica, Brazil and
in Europe, etc. can send us some art of Africa and of the African
heritage. You can contribute by providing us with photographs of an
original artwork as well as a picture of the artist from your country,
followed by the artist's biography and preferably, an explanation of
the process and technique used in the execution of the art work.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards,

Askia

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/3/_/30559/_/952834839/