GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:35:06 EDT
Galleh,

Thanks for sharing. I am so sick and tired of journalists being arrested  for
flimsy reasons. I mean the replacement, or imminence thereof, of  officials
is hardly even newsworthy much less a state secret. I also wish to  advise
journalists to think a little bit about articles before rushing to  publish. My
God, its not as if they don't know the difference between an event  and a rumour.

Men. I plead with Yahya to temper the heavy-hand of the NIA. And while I'm
here, I make a personal plea on the behalf of Fatou Jaw Manneh for her release
and all charges dropped. Jesus Christ. Don't these people have more important
 things to do? I mean the NIA. What value would they be serving Yahya when
they  arrest every citizen who coughs or sneezes. Their obsession with omissions
and  errors will actually make them miss the real criminals. Goodness
gracious!!!!  How can Yahya concentrate on National development when the NIA keeps
making him  paranoid like this? They are not doing Yahya or Gambia any good.

Haruna. This is sickening.