GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:23:02 EDT
Mr. Thomas,
That was an exellent analysis, I will give you an A- and I am being very
liberal with that grade.  Alas there are some few rational people here!
I will now proceed to the next phase for the sincerely interested minds:-

The Gambia government iniated two legal procedures after I resigned from the
AFPRC in Oct 95.  One was Criminal and the other Civil executed
simultaneously by the Swiss Courts.  When I first learned about the Criminal
charge, I hired an American/Swiss Lawyer, Ms Elizabeth Dougherty who is a
good friend of mine, to defend my innocence in court, since the Gambia
Government made a very seriuos criminal allegation against me.
Let me give you a synopsis of the complaint of The Gambia:-

The State of the Gambia instituted criminal proceedings against Ebou Jallow
before the Magistrates Court in Banjul, for the offence of stealing $3M
contrary to section 252 of the Criminal Code of The Gambia, and punishable
under section 257 of the Criminal Code.  The Attorney General, GG, was the
requesting authority on behalf of the Gambia.

The text of the Provisions of the Criminal Code which were allegedly
contravened are:-

252.  Any person who steals anything capable of being stolen is guilty of
the feloney termed theft and is liable, unless owing to circumstances of the
theft or the nature of the thing stolen, some other punishment is provided,
to imprisonment for a term of five years.

257.  If the offender is a person employed in the Public Service and the
thing stolen is the property of the State or came into the possession of the
offender by virtue of his employment, he is liable to imprisonment for a
term of ten years.

A representative of the Gambia Government Mr Fouad Said, the Charge
d'Affaires in Geneva, was present through out the execution of the case.

Also a charge sheet signed by the Inspector General of Police at the
Magistrates Court in Banjul was also presented.

In  her ruling, the 7 October 1996, the Magistrate Madame J. Stickel-Cicurel
stated in her final judgement, after examining all the evidence, that I Ebou
Jallow, have never committed an infraction of the law and squashed the
complaint of the Gambia Government. The Gambia Government never never
appealed that decision, therefore that judgement stands.

Thereon Yaya and his incompetent lawyers twisted and exploited every other
legal means through almost 21 Civil procedures to gratify his ego.  It is
getting late and may be I will highlight the rest of the Saga if I chose to.

Hopefully the "bantaba" will have some beef to chew for sometime.  Please
please let us do it respectfully, I am not the kind of person to that
tolerates pettiness.

Ebou Jallow