GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:52:37 -0500
http://www.gainako.com/

Jammeh's notorious broom is taking a new direction now, i.e. turning its aggressive whooping lashes towards the SIC membership. Religious tolerance, acceptance and recognition is a MUST, the same way that racial/tribal/cultural recognition is a MUST as exemplafied by the holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW). The latest from Jammeh proves to all and sundry that Jammeh's state of mind is truly questionable and unstable.

The saying that 'what goes around comes around' is a living utterance. For too long, some of the SIC members hasn't condemned Jammeh's outrageous deeds. Imams and priests are also guardians of communities. In their sermons, it should reflect the daily occurences within the regions, especially oppression on the innocent citizenry which marred the Gambian state since Jammeh's emmergence to power . Failure to do so, terror  will creep further not only at silencing their voices but also lash them with the scary electric broom.

I only hope Gambians and their friends in all works of lives will begin to take charge of their destiny, instead of waiting till Jammeh's aggression gets to them. I would perfectly think 'prevention is better than cure.'  In our hal pular culture, I often heard an idiomatic expression, thus: "If it takes you long to cry or shed tears, start pulling your facial muscles before getting to the funeral of a love one."

Wasalam,
YJ