GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 10:15:05 -0500
Tombong,

Good to hear from you.  Gambia’s geostrategy begins with Senegal and
extends to entire sub-regional stability.  The Senegalese national
character in essence has ever been condescending to the idea of an
independent and strong Gambia.  During their "Sopi" struggle, Laye Wade
and the other opposition groups sent Landing Savane and Pierre Goudiaby
on several begging missions to secure funds in order to finance their
political campaign.  I personally have met with Landing Savane on
several occasions at the Kairaba Hotel… that is why I usually chuckle
when the Diaspora wants to model their futile attempts to the Senegalese
"alternance".  If only they know the story behind the story.   Wade is
in power thanks to the APRC in a great degree.

Now Laye N’diombor is in power and begins to show is true French/
Senegalese colors- arrogant, condescending and corrupt to the core just
like his masters in France.  Senegal has a hand in almost every current
socio-economic upheaval in the Gambia, and I tried to warn Jammeh about
this enduring economic warfare during his last visit to Washington, well
before the recent financial crisis in Banjul.  The Senegalese shall
always try to exploit our differences as a nation.  Less politics become
noble and driven by our common national interest and NOT by our personal
ambitions, the Senegalese shall beguile, bewitch and bedevil the
opposition to a Trojan horse- a fifth column amongst the ranks of the
patriotic citizens.  The concomitant results of Senegalese puppeteering
is obvious in some media outlets Banjul and the incendiary rhetoric of
certain politicians cum "human rights activist"- It is no accident that
the Senegalese media was the first to announce doom and gloom during the
recent financial crisis.  I hope Jammeh takes serious note: Senegal is
no friendly neighbor and wish us no good whatsoever.

It is long overdue that the Gambia pursue a robust defense procurement
policy because good fences make good neighbors, and peace comes through
strength.  Weakness is sexy to bullies, and Gambia should never be a
whore to servitude.  We shall fight any aggressor if necessary to
maintain our God give