GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Sarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 03:11:41 -0500
Mr Beran Jeng et al
 I hope you bigots revisit your title one more time:
"Minutes From The ALL Gambian Meeting Of July 21st"(note emphasis in CAPS).

Here is an another one:

"1.The committee will reach out to ALL GAMBIAN Organizations and
INDIVIDUALS to solicit input in creating a nationwide umbrella
organization that will be non political, to cater for the needs and
benefits of Gambians" (note emphasis again)

Now, how do you expect me and others to take you seriously. What is this
cancer/hatred that is eating you up so bad you can't share this with
members of our Listserv The Gambia|Post? Who do you hate so much at our
Listserv that you would deprive many others who careless about some beef
you had with Yusupha Jow. Yes you heard me. I've personally invited you
to join our list and it is very well your prerogative not to join us. I
have NO qualms whatsoever and would not loose slep over that. Frankly I
could careless. But when you are involved in anything as large as
mobilizing ALL GAMBIANS worldwide, then you need to learn to swallow your
pride/petttiness or whatever personal vendettas you have aside and put
what is in the best interest of your organization INTACT!. You people are
so hypocritical it's not even funny. There is a reason why people who
harbor hatred for their fellow countrymen should not be certain positions
to begin with. I can't be the only one seeing through your shenanigans.
But hey, I'm glad I voice it out and not even break a sweat. If others
want to complacent about and think it's not big a deal, then suit
yourselves, because criticism is meant in good faith. Misinterpret it
any way your heart desire. My wish is that someday some of us --many grown
men and women --will wake up demand better responsibility and hold those
who represent vast majority of us accountable. This said, I would to wish
ALL CONCERNED GAMBIANS involved in such insurmountable task the VERY BEST
of luck, for the greatest good.

So long,
George Sarr

PS: I also hope that Mr Karamba Touray will pick up the slacks and inform
members at the Mighty Post who may not be subscribed to the Gambia-L about
this organization which I am just now been informed he is part and parcel
of. No hard-feelings to both names mentioned. And my apologies to anyone
who I might have unwittingly skyrocketted the blood-pressure and any
distress my message caused. Yuk!

Beran jeng <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Folks,

Attach are the minutes of the meeting for your information and input.

The next steering committee meeting will take place on August 4th at Dr.Sukai Prom's residence at 5:30 pm.

Beran

Subject: Gambian meeting Place: Howard University Blackburn Center Date: July 21st 2002

Atendance: Soffie Ceesay, Dr Sukai Prom-Jackson, Veronica Njie, Haddy Jallow-Jeng,Haddy Badjan,Lena Manga,Ousainou Jallow,ShiekhJallow, Karamba Touray,Musa Jawara,Beran Jeng,Ebrima Weyeh Jobe,Pa B. A. Jallow

The Meeting started late due to poor attendance but proceeded with the following consensus:

1. A steering committee was form, comprising all those present at the meeting, except Ousainou Jallow, who decline the committee membership, and Dr.Sukai Prom who agreed to serve as adviser to the committee.The committee is open for membership to all Gambians.

1.The committee will reach out to all Gambian organizations and individuals to solicit input in creating a nationwide umbrella organization that will be non political, to cater for the needs and benefits of Gambians.

2.The committee shall make maximum use of the work done under GLC, Utilizing the constitution that was already drafted and the articles of Incorporation. Dr Prom-Jackson will provide us with the draft constitution and articles as soon as she clears it with the lawyer.

Assignments:

Karamba Touray to contact Gambian organizations nationwide within two weeks and Beran Jeng to prepare the minutes of the meeting, by Wednesday, for submission to members for approval. When approve, it will be sent out as follow up to the letter inviting Gambians to the meeting.

Beran Jeng was selected to head the committee and can assign tasks to members.