GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:49:26 -0500
"Karamba, you could not have missed that other Gambians are asking you for
the same darn thing."

And who would that be?  You, Musa, and maybe a couple other people?  Karamba
told you he didn't write the article?  And so what if he did?  You wanna
accuse Karamba of plagiarism?  You want Karamba to admit to something he
didn't do so your ego can feel better and you can walk around saying how Joe
Sambou shamed the UDP/NRP?  This could be cleared up very easily by asking
Ousman Conteh to clarify what Karamba told him.  But then again, even if
Ousman graciously offered to do that, it's still a question of who do you
bleieve?  In case you were there or a witness to the particular events, all
of the information you'd get would be secondhand anyway, or your word
against someone else's.  So, it would be up to people to choose whose side
of the story to believe.

"No, you are not just a sympathizer of the UDP/NRP, ..."

So what of it?  Do people not have a right to participate in their party's
politics?  If Karamba was involved in NADD instead, would you be calling him
a "spin doctor"?  Does participating or communicating with your party of
hcoice make you an "official" who is charged with speaking for the whole
party?

"you are their spin doctor and for you to pretend to distance yourself from
them at this hour is unbecoming."

Whose distancing themselves from anything?  All he said was he didn't write
the article!  All he did was forward it!  How is that distancing?  Unless
you've just decided that you believe, no matter what anyone tells you, or
what evidence is presented to the contrary, that Karamba wrote it, thus is
guilty of plagiarism, thus, he needs to "come clean" and admit his errors,
or else...  If the guy didn't write it, he didn't write it!  And unless
you've got evidence to proove he did, other than your mouth, than shut up!

"Look, stop the games and be straight with us.
You to this point are not denying nor accepting responsibility.  You can try
your best, but this issue will never be about Joe."

Who said this was about Joe?!  This is about a supposed plagiarized
document, something we've not unequivocally established, unless of course
your name is Joe Sambou or Musa Sanneh, and the supposed author behind said
document.  It's not about Joe!  However, Joe is part of the story as it is
alleged that you made all of this stuff up about Karamba spending hours on
the document, etc.

     I've had it with this discussion!  Either come with your evidence or
shut up!  Some of you guys are just a bunch of bullies who don't have Ebou
Jallow to kick around anymore, so now you gotta find someone else!  And
what's more, you're still nursing your anger that the UDP/NRP broke up from
NADD, so you gotta do what you've always done, try to disgrace someone you
don't like, or don't agree with!

     You're not the only one who calls it like they see it!  You're not the
only one who cares about The Gambia!

Ginny