GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 16:48:11 EST
In a message dated 11/25/99 5:33:07 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hi Folks,

 It is a pleasure to announce to the Gambia-l family that I was conferred
 the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry this morning (at the fall
 congregation), by the Chancellor of the University of British Columbia.

 My area of specialization is Surface Science, which emphasizes
 investigations of the structural, chemical, electronic and vibrational
 properties of metal and semiconductor surfaces under ultra-high vacuum
 conditions.

 It has been a long journey from Kaur Primary School, where it all began.
 Glad to be in the company of Dr. Abdoulaye Saine and Dr. Katim Touray
 (both fellow Saloum-nkolu), whom, knowingly or not, were an inspiration.

 Thought I should share my day of joy with you all. HIP HOP HORAY!!! OH!!!
 HAY!!! OH!!!

 Have a nice day!

 Cheers,
        Madiba.

Madiba (uh, excuse me, Dr Saidy (lol) )

My sincere congratulation for your accomplishment.l am sure you burned the
midnight  oil and deserve all of it. Go conquer  the World!!!!!!!!!.

Jabou Joh