GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:20:29 +0000
Folks, the just concluded Midwest Gambian Association Conference was a great
success.  Attendance and participation was great and all three presenters
were dynamic.  Look out for an article summarizing the weekend, by the
Independent News in the days ahead.

Baba Galleh, thanks for your wonderful presentation and Gambians are proud
of you and your services to our nation.  Folks, we have a jewel among us and
please continue the good work you are doing both at home and in the US.

Dr. Nnam and Mr. Idris, also did a fantastic job as they address the
Governance, Health, and Matriarchy issues in Africa, and Immigration issues
that matter to our community, respectively.  Folks, between these three
gentlemen, we spent three and one half hours addressing and seeking
solutions to our common problems as a community.

Also, Kebba Foon, Cynthia Daniels, and myself introduced the Save The Gambia
Fund to the audience and we are encouraged by the tremendous level of
Interest and support from the attendees, non-Gambians included.  The
dialogue continued up to the last minute of the four hours we scheduled and
folks wanted to continue the discussions.  I am exhausted from the weekend
activities but encouraged and energized by the resolve of our people.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental