GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:23:04 -0400
People familiar with French history will remember Marie Antoinette’s storied
contribution to the brainstorming that was going on in Louise’s court as the
King and his men find SOLUTIONS for feeding the French peasants right before
the French Revolutions. When Marie Antoinette heard that the peasants were
complaining about lack of bread to eat, the Queen suggested that the
peasants should eat cake if they cannot find bread. This just showed how out
of touch the monarch was with her subjects. The woman did not even realize
that peasants that could NOT afford to buy bread were in no position to buy
cake.

Brings us to how vermin like Yaya and Sarjo Jallow view Gambians. The other
day, it was with amazement that I read that despicable low-life calling
herself Sarjo Jallow’s niece boasting about Sarjo Jallow attempting to bring
a soft-drink factory to The Gambia. Gambians are having problems getting
adequate, clean drinking water, and the vermin are talking to us about
‘wonjo’ (soft-drink). Just goes to show these people’s priorities for the
Gambian people. People CANNOT eat two square meals a day with their
families. Hospitals are without medicine.

Yaya and his cohorts boast about a TV Station when the overwhelming majority
of the Gambians have NO electricity. Just so Yaya can come on TV and make a
fool of himself, the vermin risked bankrupting one of the most productive
institutions brought to The Gambia by PPP (Gamtel). The AFPRC/APRC
government is a government of misplaced priorities. They stole enough money
from the people to be able to lead ‘flamboyant’ lifestyles. Yaya does NOT
care if the rest of the country is electrified or our roads are good. The
vermin already electrified Kanilai. He also stole from the people to buy
four-wheel-drive vehicles that will make him not feel the poor road
conditions. All the road network in the country was either constructed by
the PPP government or funding for the road project was obtained by the PPP
government. There is NO road project in the country that first came to being
after Yaya took over.

As we speak/write Gambians are being informed on the ground how AFPRC/APRC
did NOTHING for the country in terms of development apart from stealing PPP
projects and taking credit for things they did NOT originate. Even the
‘University’ Yaya cronies boast about is just a mere amalgamation of
tertiary institutions PPP ALREADY built in the country. All these morons
have done is steal from the people. They are all filthy rich thanks to the
dollars they stole from loans given to Gambia by Taiwan. But the vermin are
NOT satisfied with the tens of millions of dollars they stole from those
loans. Yaya makes sure that he has a BRIBE from any important contract
involving the government. CSE bribed Yaya for the road projects by building
his villas (including a bunker) in Kanilai. Even the generators that were
just delivered to the country earned Yaya some bribes. This is NOT talking
about the drug dealing and ‘blood-diamond’ and gun-running Yaya is involved
in with thugs like Baabaa Jobe. There is ample proof that the airplane
Baabaa Jobe manages and which lists Tarik Musa and Amadou Samba as owners
actually belongs to Yaya. Yaya is the most corrupt person our country has
ever seen. And he is surrounded by the most corrupt people in the country.
None of them can legitimately account for the assets they obtained in the
last seven years.

That is why they are prepared to kill innocent Gambians in order to stay in
power. But enough is enough. Gambians will no longer be intimidated by these
thugs. I just read somewhere how Ousman Badgie and Baboucarr Jatta are
touring the military installations in the country. In Farafenni they met a
fellow going by the last name of Keita (probably another Jola). What I see
going on here is the nepotistic Yaya surrounding himself with Jolas to use
the army to perpetuate him in power. Yaya is the most despicable tribalist
in the country. But what he does NOT realize is that he might put Jolas in
high-ranking positions in the army, but that will NOT save him come October
18, 2001. There is no way Gambians are going to let a bunch of thugs like
Ousman Badgie and Baboucarr Jatta steal power from the people. On October
19, 2001, ordinary citizens numbering in their hundreds of thousands are
going to escort Darboe to the State House. If vermin like Ousman Badgie and
Baboucarr Jatta want to put their lives on the line for a fellow Jola, let
them be my guest. There is no way we are going to allow a child murderer to
steal this election.

These people CANNOT fail the Gambian people and then continue to impose
themselves on us. Everybody knows that Yaya has lost the confidence of the
Gambian people. APRC have to literally force people to attend their rallies.
Local politicians that oppose APRC are being dismissed from their posts
willy-nilly. Only the few Gambians that are benefiting from APRC corruption
are following these morons like slaves. APRC is doing everything to steal
the elections. They focused on Gabriel Roberts and the IEC and when they
realized that it will be difficult to use IEC to steal the elections, now
they are resorting to the army and Yaya’s Jola clique. Well, let me tell
them that the clock is still ticking. The Jola clique in the army that is
benefiting from this diabolical regime will be met with anything they want.
KB